|Locations||The Fungus Plains|
|Monster Parts||head, leg|
This is a beetle that is functionally identical to a turtle. Visually, though, it's pretty distinct -- black instead of green, head on the bottom instead of the top.
It doesn't really seem to notice you, but since you're in the way of its relentless forward march, it looks like you're going to have to throw down.
He marches relentlessly forward, butting you with the ridge of his... helmet... thing. Ouch! Ooh!
He charges you, and you jump on his head, forcing him into his helmet and kicking him away. Then he bounces off a nearby pipe and bangs into your shin really hard. You should pay more attention. Eek! Argh!
He tramples you, slowly and methodically. Eek! Oof!
He tries to hit you with the front edge of his helmet-looking thing, but he misses.
He tries to ram you, but you hop on his shell and disorient him.
He charges you, but you hop over him and he finds himself unable to turn around. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 8-12 Meat (average: 10, stdev: 1.15)*|
|You acquire an item: black pixel (47.9% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: red pixel (80.1% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: white pixel (50.7% chance)*|
|You gain 5 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Fungus Plains.
- Appears on even-numbered ascensions. On odd numbered ascensions, Goombas appear in their place.
- Prior to the 8-Bit Realm revamp on Jan 20, 2022, it did not drop any meat.
- Prior to 17th Oct 2011, Buzzy beetles were a permanent replacement after you had ascended.
- Buzzy Beetles were common enemies in the 1985 NES game, Super Mario Bros.. The fact that it replaces the Goomba after ascension is a subtle reference to the fact that after you beat Super Mario Bros., the game begins again, with the Goombas replaced by Buzzy Beetles.
- Despite the message saying that it's "functionally identical to a turtle" this is not the case. Koopa Troopas have a turtle shell and are not immune to fire balls whereas Buzzy Beetles are immune to fire balls. That slick black exoskeleton makes all the difference in the world.