|| This content has been retired and is no longer available in game.
- This page is about the Brushfires event in 2012. For the Brushfires location, see Brushfires (location).
In June 2012, a series of Brushfires raged across The Nearby Plains. The fire-based monsters encountered here were unusually resistant to everything but Cold Damage.
These monsters appeared as part of the event on The Nearby Plains and in its sublocation A Smoldering Fortress.
| blazing bat -- (edit metadata)
- Item Drops: fiery wing
- Meat Drop: None
- Monster Level: 200 • Substat Gain: 50 • Moxie for No Hit*: 210
- Monster Defense: 180
- Hit Points: 500
- Initiative: 50
- Elemental Alignment: hot, weak against stench and sleaze
- Damage Resistance: 100% physical, 100% elemental (except cold)
- If there is a location that conflicts with a fire, the location will take priority if the conditions for accessing it are met.
- Appeared on June 14, 2012, about a week after adventurers began noticing some strange occurrences in Cobb's Knob. Every so often, one of the following messages was observed:
- "In the distance, you hear a loud whoosh, followed by the screams of several Knob Goblins."
- "You catch a whiff of something burning. Which is normal for the Knob, I guess. But you also catch a whiff of something even more burning than usual."
- "You look at the ground near your feet and see a massive scorch mark -- judging from the heat still rising from it, it's pretty fresh."
- The fires steadily increased every day, despite the best efforts of the FDKOL and Adventurers.
- On the second day of the event, the rate at which FDKOL commendations were earned from brushfires was changed.
- On the third day of firefighting, the FDKOL Tent was set up.
- On the fifth day of the event, A Super-Intense Mega-Grassfire appeared, and some of the brushfires burned out. To escape the fire Susie picked up and moved her The Cake-Shaped Arena to the Right Side of the Tracks.
- On the seventh day of the event (June 20, 2012), the fires continued to evolve into Fierce Flying Flames and the brushfires burned out while the Super-Intense Mega-Grassfire multiplied.
- On the tenth day of the event (June 23, 2012), the Fierce Flying Flames disappeared and A Smoldering Fortress appeared in its place.
- On the sixteenth day, Lord Flameface appeared in his throne room, and the backbreaking labor of fighting these fires prompted a Kingdom-wide realization that Adventurers have backs.