This is a portable crossbow with a special attachment that lets it fire lit bottle rockets in addition to regular bolts. It's a combination of festive and deadly that could only be done justice by creating an entirely new word. I'd like to suggest "deastive."
(In-game plural: bottle-rocket crossbows)
- Obsoleted Areas/Methods
You fire a patriotic bolt from your bottle-rocket crossbow, hitting for truth, justice, and X damage. ZAP! KAPOW! BOINK!
You let loose a bolt from the blue, provided you've named your bottle-rocket crossbow "Blue." Blue's bolt hits for X damage. SPLAT! SMACK! BOINK!
- July 2007's item of the month from Mr. Store.
- Its in-store description: A nifty weapon that lets you shoot bottle-rockets at your enemies. Those bottle-rockets do -- you guessed it -- various things!
- This item was released a few days late due to NS13 delays.
- When the item was initially released, the +15% Moxie boost was non-functional and the crossbow could be equipped in Hardcore -- both of these were fixed in short order.
- Allows you to fire bottle-rockets (red, blue, orange, purple and black) for 5 MP each, once per fight. If you have Double-Fisted Skull Smashing, you can equip two crossbows and fire two bottle rockets per fight. All of the bottle-rocket skills use the character's Moxie+9 to determine Hit Chance.
- Damage done by the three elemental rockets is based on your player level, and is equal to 3*L +1-5. A level 6 character will do 19-23 damage, while a level 30 character will do 91-95 damage.
- First prize in The Raffle House on January 14, 2008.
||Fire Red Bottle-Rocket||Inflicts hot damage||You fire a red bottle-rocket at your opponent. It whizzes in circles around him, pelting him with 3L+1-5 damage worth of hot, hot sparks.|
||Fire Blue Bottle-Rocket||Inflicts cold damage||You fire a blue bottle-rocket at your opponent. It whizzes in circles above him, coating him with fake snow and dealing 3L+1-5 damage.|
||Fire Orange Bottle-Rocket||Increases stat gains and monster attack and defense.||You fire an orange bottle-rocket at your opponent. He is showered in orange sparks, and is none too happy about it.|
||Fire Purple Bottle-Rocket||Inflicts sleaze damage||You fire a purple bottle-rocket at your opponent. It hits him for 3L+1-5 damage before exploding into the shape of a rude gesture.|
||Fire Black Bottle-Rocket||Delevels opponent||You fire a black bottle-rocket at your opponent. It whizzes in circles around his head, shrounding him in thick, choking black smoke.|
- "Truth, Justice, and X Damage" is a reference to the 1950s-era Superman TV show, where the Man of Steel fought for "Truth, Justice, and the American Way."
"2834" does not have an RSS file (yet?) for the collection database.
| Preceded by:
bottled green pixie
| bottle-rocket crossbow
| Succeeded by:|
wizard action figure