Behind the Gate of Boris, you find a statue of Boris, mightiest of the Warriors of Loathing in the Times of Old.
In the base of the statue, there is a slot. A sign above the slot reads "INSERT MEAT TO CONTINUE."
- If you insert 200 to 10,000*LVL meat:
The statue of Boris begins to glow. It bends over and touches you with its axe.
|You gain N Beefiness.|
- If you insert less than 200 meat:
That's not enough Meat to make a proper offering.
- If you insert an amount that would exceed the daily cap:
You cannot donate that much.
Avatar of Boris
- During an Avatar of Boris run, Boris's Gate acts as a skill trainer.
- An elaborate plaque on the base of the statue contains an extremely detailed account of Boris's abilities.
- If you have any Boris skill points:
- You feel the spirit of Boris inside you, hungering for knowledge. You can learn X more skill(s).
- You feel entirely full of the spirit of Boris -- there's no room for any more Boris in you until you get more powerful.
- All of the Avatar of Boris Skills that you do not yet have will be listed, and if you have any skill points, you will be able to choose a skill tree. When you do, you will receive the first skill in that tree that you do not have.
- You can still donate Meat to the statue to gain Muscle stats as well.
- You are limited to a total of 10,000 Meat donated per level per day, to all statues combined.
- A statue gives floor(Meat/200) number of die rolls, each of which gives 1-2 of the appropriate substat, with equal likelihood. This means per level, you have up to 50 rolls per day of 1-2 stat each, meaning that you can potentially get 50-100 mainstat per level.
- This gate and its two counterparts are successors to the shrines of The Hall of The Legends of The Times of Old. They are currently within The Dungeoneers' Association.
- Boris's message refers to "Insert coin to continue", a common message used by coin-operated arcade games.