|This content has been retired and is no longer available in game.|
|Locations||Fierce Flying Flames and Lord Flameface's Belfry|
|Resistance||100% physical, 100% elemental (except cold)|
The blazin' bats have apparently moved into the belfry of this crazy molten castle thing. Gives a new meaning to the word belfry, am I right?
No. No I am not.
The bat batters you, and then deep fries you. Eek! Ooh! Ow! Ouch! Argh! (hot damage)
The bat bats its eyelashes at you, hurling tiny bursts of fire in your direction. Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ouch! Ugh! (hot damage)
At the end of combat (during the brushfire event):
A harried, charred dude runs up to you, panting.
"Wow! You beat that hellish bat like a... er... like something really fast." he says, before heading back toward the fires.
"Wow! You beat that hellish bat like a... er... like something really fast. And that hat just keeps getting cooler!" he says, before heading back toward the fires.
|You acquire an item: fiery wing (5%? chance)*|
- This monster is copyable, and can still be fought via faxing it. However it no longer drops FDKOL commendations.
- Weapon attacks and Weapon Attack Skills fail with the message:
- It flits out of reach of your attack.
- Does not miss. Does about 500 (hot damage) per attack, plus (MonsterAtk-YourMoxie) (min 0). This is reduced by damage reduction, damage absorption, and Hot Resistance as normal.
- When the bats were encountered in the plain directly, the introduction text was:
- The things flying around near the center of the fire aren't exactly bats, but "blaze" and "bat" start with the same letter, so you think it's cute to call them that. What's not cute is the ferocity with which this particular little flying bastard is darting around and burning various parts of your body.
- The phrase "like a bat out of hell", which the dude was probably going to say, is an expression meaning very fast, or quickly.