|Locations||The Black Forest|
|Monster Parts||head, leg|
As you pass through the Black Forest, you suddenly find your foot stuck in a thick, sticky spider web. As you struggle to free yourself, you hear a noise behind you that sounds like weeping.
You whirl to face a giant black widow -- a hideous monstrosity of a spider who just hasn't been the same since her husband was killed by a giant exterminator.
She winds you up in a web, then plunges her mandibles into your neck and drains your lifeforce, your blood, and your ichor, all at the same time. You're going to need some juice and a cookie. Ow! Ouch! Argh! Ouch! Ouch!
She crawls all over you with her spindly legs. You get tiny holes all over. Oof! Eek! Argh! Ow! Ugh!
Turns out, she has eight legs to hold you, which is nice. The two mandibles to bite you aren't quite as nice, though. Ouch! Eek! Ouch! Ooh! Ugh!
She wraps you in a spiderweb. The immobility kind of freaks you out.. Eek! Eek! Ooh! Oof! Ooh! (sleaze damage)
She bites you on the throat, and then some of her tears run into the wound. Salty! Eek! Oof! Ugh! Oof! Argh!
She tries to bite you, but the tears blurring her multi-faceted eyes make her miss.
She tries to bite you, but you've been bitten before and are twice shy about being bitten again.
She tries to wrap you in a spiderweb, but you tell her to leave a message and you'll call her back.
She tries to crawl up on you, but you run away.
She starts to spin a web, but her spinnerettes get clogged and she ends up tripping herself. By the way, Black Widow and the Spinnerettes would be a killer name for a girl-group. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 40-60 Meat (average: 50, stdev: 4.47)*|
|You acquire an item: black pension check (30.0% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: black picnic basket (15.0% chance)*|
|You gain 33 <substat>.|
Occurs in The Black Forest.
- A successful hit from this monster has a chance of affecting you:
|You acquire an effect: Really Quite Poisoned|
(duration: 5 Adventures)
- This monster is a play on the Black widow spider.
- One miss message about spiderweb refers to the No Doubt song Spiderwebs.
- Another miss message refers to the Great White song Once Bitten, Twice Shy.
- The phrase "eight legs to hold you" in one of the attack messages could be a reference to the 1997 Veruca Salt album "Eight Arms to Hold You".
- The first hit message is a reference to the common practice of being given cookies and juice after donating blood.