Black striped oyster egg
This is a hard-boiled oyster egg, painted with black stripes. Some Vietnam veteran must've seen an egg painted with red stripes, and taken what he felt was the appropriate action.
(In-game plural: black striped oyster eggs)
- Cargo Cultist Shorts
- What has it got in its pocketses? (pocket 190)
- St. Sneaky Pete's Day goodies basket (0-5)
- Obsoleted Areas/Methods
|You go for a walk in the rain, thinking about that egg, and how you lost it right before you went on this walk.|
|(You gain 1 Spleen.)|
- Previously, its use text was simply: You eat the black striped oyster egg.
- The description refers to the song "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones, with the lyrics "I see a red door and I want it painted black."
- Apparently a disgruntled veteran, such as the protagonist of the film Born on the Fourth of July, seeing an egg striped like the American flag, has replaced the red stripes with black in protest.
| All common Oyster Eggs:
|TOP 10 black striped oyster egg collections|
6. Mystic_Potato - 395 | 7. Somnolent - 340 | 8. miSTRESS of the OBVIOUS - 306 | 9. QhRiZ - 273 | 10. Lord Zathrus - 269
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings