Black pudding (food)
This is either a sausage made of congealed animal blood, or an acidic underground-dwelling scavenging ooze. Either way, mmmm-yummy.
(In-game plural: black puddings)
- Black pudding (monster)
- Gina, the Lady-in-Waiting (Occurs with the Black Armaments equipped)
- black picnic basket
- Chez Snootée (sometimes) (120 Meat)
|You screw up your courage and eat the black pudding. It turns out to be the blood sausage sort of pudding. You're not positive that that's a good thing. Bleah.|
|(You gain 3 Fullness.)|
- Consuming this from your inventory spawns the black pudding monster approximately 35% of the time. However, consuming from Chez Snootée in Little Canadia does not seem to spawn the monster.
- Eating a black pudding requires one adventure, but the adventure is only used if you enter into combat with your meal.
- If you have no adventures, you will be told "You don't have time to properly enjoy a black pudding right now."
- If you are Beaten Up, you will be told, "You're way too beaten up to enjoy a black pudding right now. Because they're tough to chew. Yeah."
- Combat can still be initiated when eating this food while falling-down drunk.
- If you are attempting to permanently unlock Bad Moon, make sure that your Black Cat is your familiar when consuming this, in case this becomes a combat adventure.
- The "acidic underground-dwelling scavenging ooze" refers to the Dungeons & Dragons black pudding monster, an amorphous blob which roams caves and sewers and absorbs and digests whatever (or whomever) it finds.
- It also refers to the strategy within NetHack of pudding farming, which involves repeatedly dividing and killing black puddings for stats.
- Awwww, Yeah trophy
|TOP 10 black pudding collections|
6. jimmy_hoffa - 1337 | 7. whizdad - 1000 | 8. Lungbutter - 761 | 9. dune rune - 750 | 10. ARthuR the human - 726
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings