|Locations||The Black Forest|
|Monster Parts||head, tail|
|Quest||sunken eyes, bird brain|
Take heed the moral of this tale -- once there was an adventurer who was wandering around in the Black Forest, and was suddenly attacked by a black adder!
The adventurer in that tale is actually you, and the black adder is the black adder that just slithered out of the underbrush and is attacking you right now.
It has a cunning plan to bite you, and for once its cunning plan succeeds. Argh! Argh! Ooh! Oof! Ouch! Ow! Eek!
It slithers over you, making a noise like hoofbeats across the glade. Ooh! Ooh! Ugh! Ooh! Eek! Eek!
It bites you in the <forehead>. The pain is very bad, indeed. Ow! Argh! Eek! Ow! Oof! Oof!
|You acquire an effect: Really Quite Poisoned|
(duration: 5 Adventures)
It winds itself around your neck, choking you until you turn orange in hue. Eventually, your head falls off at an awkward moment (though there's hardly a good moment for that to happen). Ugh! Ouch! Eek! Argh! Eek! Ouch!
It tries to bite you in the <groin>, but its efforts are thwarted in comic fashion by its filthy and bumbling manservant. Er... snakeservant.
It slithers toward you to attack, but gets distracted by the sound of hoofbeats across the glade.
It tries to bite you in the <bung>, but its aim is very bad, indeed.
It slithers toward you, but suddenly chokes, turns orange in hue, and has its own head fall off at a spectacularly awkward moment. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 80-120 Meat (average: 100, stdev: 8.56)*|
|You acquire an item: adder bladder (30% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: black snake skin (15% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: sunken eyes (50% (one-time drop) chance)*|
|You gain 32-33 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Black Forest.
- This monster is a reference to the TV series Blackadder.
- "Take heed the moral of this tale" is a bit of the song sung by the Credits Minstrel.
- The "cunning plan to bite you" refers to the main character, Edmund Blackadder's coming up with "cunning plans" that seldom work. In Blackadder the Third and Blackadder Go Forth, Baldrick often repeats, "Sir, I have a cunning plan." Such plans are often ridiculously poor ideas.
- The "filthy and bumbling manservant" also refers to Baldrick.
- The "sound of hoofbeats across the glade" and "very bad, indeed" are from the theme from the first series.
- The critical and fumble messages refer to a curse in the episode "The Archbishop": "Dear Enemy, may the lord hate you and all your kind. May you turn orange in hue, and may your head fall off at an awkward moment."