(In-game plural: bricks of astronaut ice cream)
Item number: 1604
Description ID: 695048778
View in-game: view
- Obsoleted Areas/Methods
- The LAAAAME Observatory
- Reward for every 100 adventures spent stargazing.
|You chew up the brick of astronaut ice-cream. It makes your teeth all sticky, and the inside of your mouth taste like the world's most depressing and least kosher chutney.|
|(You gain 1 Spleen.)|
- The second spleen item that gives adventures made in the Kingdom of Loathing.
- With the destruction of the observatory this item is currently unobtainable.
- Freeze-dried "astronaut ice-cream" is often sold in science museum gift shops.
- "Neither man nor astro-man" is a reference to the surf-rock band Man or Astro-man?.
- "In space, no one can hear you scream for this." is a mix of the tag line from Alien, "In space no one can hear you scream" and "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream", a line from an old song, famously quoted in the Jim Jarmusch movie Down By Law.
- The autosell price, 42, is the answer to the "Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything" in the book, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
"1604" does not have an RSS file (yet?) for the collection database.