(In-game plural: astral badgers)
- Obsoleted Areas/Methods
|You put the astral badger in your Familiar-Gro™ Terrarium.|
|You place the astral badger in your terrarium. He jumps up and down in a strange, repetitive dance.|
|You decide to name him Wafflesby.|
- June 2006's item of the month from Mr. Store.
- Its in-store description: Attacks like a Micromechamech, and drops up to five Astral Mushrooms a day, which let you go into a new "area."
- The Astral Badger produces astral mushrooms as an item drop from combat. When consumed, access is granted to the area A Journey to the Center of Your Mind.
- First prize in The Raffle House on January 26, 2008.
- The "strange, repetitive dance" is a reference to the Internet meme Badger Badger Badger, as are the astral mushrooms. During the Badger Badger Badger sequence, the song includes a "Mushroom, mushroom," section. Much like the mysterious astral mushrooms, the quote "Mushroom, Mushroom," is often viewed as random and appearing from nowhere.
- The sentence regarding the location of a home office is based on an early running gag perpetuated by David Letterman on his late night talk show. He would say the Top Ten List came from the home office of Sioux City, Iowa. The joke was that the CBS station in Sioux City wouldn't air Letterman's show at that point. See Cities that have been David Letterman's Home Office for more cities he's used.
- The Nth-dimensional lifeform and intersection description is a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, in which the Nth-dimensional lifeforms are mice.
- The mushrooms that fling scientists into "bizarre and inexplicable alternate dimensions" when the scientists eat them is most likely a reference to Psilocybin mushrooms otherwise known as magic mushrooms or shrooms. Psilocybin mushrooms give the consumers (who usually eat the mushroom like the scientists in the description) hallucinations that may be similar to the description.
|TOP 10 astral badger collections|
6. Mystic_Potato - 7 | 7. Kurb - 5 | 8. Knave75 - 5 | 9. krodoc - 5 | 10. Lyxia - 4
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings
| Preceded by:
homeless hobo spirit
| astral badger
| Succeeded by:|
jewel-eyed wizard hat