Why are fire ants such jerks? Probably because they drink their body weight in this potion. It's guaranteed to fire you up and get your hopes high, particularly if your enemy happens to be a rubber tree plant.
(In-game plural: ant agonistas)
|You drink the ant agonist. Your stomach fills with fiery agony, and a serious lack of accompanying ecstasy.|
- The item description refers to the song "High Hopes", which includes the line "everyone knows an ant / can't move a rubber tree plant".
- The use text references The Agony and the Ecstasy (1961), which is a biographical novel about Michelangelo Buonarroti written by the American author Irving Stone.
- The name "ant agonist" is a pun on both the terms "agonist" and "antagonist". In biology, an agonist is a substance that mimics or increases the effect of another substance. Thus, an ant agonist makes ants more powerful, or alternately, makes the player more like a fire ant. An antagonist is (in biochemistry) a chemical or (in literature) a character that creates conflict or opposition. This potion makes you antagonistic.
- The reference to the potion causing agony is a pun on "agonist".
|TOP 10 ant agonist collections|
6. whizdad - 1028 | 7. Nanimonai3 - 805 | 8. Dr_Van_van_Mojo - 722 | 9. Poncho the Sane - 576 | 10. kirByllAmA - 571
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings