Anemone Mine (Mining)
| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
INSTRUCTIONS: Starting at the bottom of the mine, click a chunk of rock adjacent to an open section of mine to excavate that space.
- If the rock does not twinkle:
|You gain 24-30 Meat.|
|You gain 8-10 Beefiness.|
|You gain 8-10 Magicalness.|
|You gain 8-10 Chutzpah.|
- If the rock twinkles:
|You acquire an item: teflon ore|
You carve out a chunk of velcro!
|You acquire an item: velcro ore|
You carve out a big chunk of vinyl!
|You acquire an item: vinyl ore|
You stumble upon a vein of meat!
|You acquire 3 dense meat stacks|
Hey, it's one of those gems Grandpa was talking about!
|You acquire an item: marine aquamarine|
An inexpert swing of your Mattock causes a tremendous cave-in!
|You lose some hit points.|
Trying to mine a section that is not adjacent to an already mined section, you receive the popup message:
The walls of the cave are also clickable, and will produce the message:
- After you have mined at least once:
Find New Cavern
- Clicking on "Find New Cavern":
- You must be wielding the Mer-kin digpick in order to obtain this adventure. Failure to do so yields this message:
- You can't mine without the proper equipment.
- When you begin, you are presented with a 6x6 square of black rock. Some of the squares twinkle, but only if next to an open section. All of the squares have an image tag: "Rocky Wall" or "Promising Chunk of Wall". The sections that say "Rocky Wall" have nothing in them. The sections with "A Promising Chunk of Wall" always contain one of the six outcomes listed above.
- Each of the 3 kinds of ore can be found 4 times per cavern. Also, the 4 squares containing a particular ore are always contiguous. Ores are never found in the bottom 2 rows. They are usually found in the top 3 rows, and sometimes the lower middle row.
- You can find 3 packs of 3 dense meat stacks per cavern. They are not contiguous, and can be found anywhere in the grid.
- You can find one marine aquamarine. Without asking Grandpa about the mine, the square that would have contained the aquamarine is a plain Rocky Wall.
- The undesirable result (loss of HP) can be found 4 times per cavern. They are not contiguous, and occur mostly in the bottom 3 rows in the grid, but can occur in the upper rows as well.
- 16 spaces in the grid will be Rocky Walls.
- Squares which contain items twinkle when they are next to an open section or if your current effects include Object Detection.
- There are several different twinkle animations, but these are not meaningful. If you refresh the page for a cavern, the twinkle animations will randomly change.
- Trying to adventure here with 0 HP yields:
- You're way too beaten up to mine right now. Use a healing item, or rest at your campsite.
- Trying to find a new cavern before mining at least once yields:
- Why? You've got a perfectly virgin section of mine right in front of you.