|Ancient Yuletide Troll
he brings songs instead of flames
spreading Crimbo cheer
Increases stat gains and restores HP and MP after combat
Ability: Acts as a Blood-Faced Volleyball and a less-powerful Ghuol Whelp. Occasionally drops items that can be used to cast buffs on other players.
Throne/Bjorn: Regenerate 2-8 HP and MP per adventure, sometimes drops either an eggnog, a gingerbread bugbear, or a fruitcake.
Hatchling: yuletide troll chrysalis
Familiar-Specific Equipment: giant book of ancient carols
Mumming Trunk Abilities:
| +30% Meat Drop
|| 4-5 MP
|| +3 Muscle statgain
|| +15% Item Drop
|| +4 Mysticality statgain
|| 8-10 HP
|| +2 Moxie statgain
||Deals damage & 10% Delevel*
|*Hover for details
- Regular messages:
- <name> swigs some soda and sings "Carol of the Belches."
- <name> produces a glass of eggnog and toasts to your health.
- You notice a tattered page fall out of <name>'s songbook. You pick it up.
- <name> grins. It's as cheerful as it is toothsome.
- Enthroned in the Crown of Thrones:
- <name> sings a snatch of a festive carol, then snatches a festive gift from someone named Carol and gives it to you.
- Bjornified in the Buddy Bjorn:
- <name> hums a leftover crimbo[sic]? ditty, and follows it up with a leftover Crimbo goodie.
- With lucky Tam O'Shanter equipped:
- <name> doffs the Tam O'Shanter, then dons it again. He certainly looks gaily apparreled.
- With miniature gravy-covered maypole equipped:
- <name> does the Jingle Bell Rock around the maypole.
- With wax lips equipped:
- <name> sings a muffled Crimbo carol beneath the wax lips.
- When entered in a game of Hide and Seek:
- Your familiar is pretty lousy at hide and seek, since he can't stop singing long enough to stay hidden.
- The Troll restores either HP or MP at the end of combat 50% of the time.
- HP and MP are both determined by the familiar's weight: As stated here, it is anywhere from ((weight*.8 )/2) to (weight*.8 ).
- The Troll was originally described in Mr. Store as having the properties of a Ghuol Whelp "at 40% power". This was not quite accurate since the Troll only restores either HP or MP at the end of a combat, rather than both, as the Ghuol Whelp does. The range of HP or MP restored was intended to be 80% of the Ghuol Whelp's range, but is less due to a difference in the formulas used. The description has since been changed.
- Note that "toothsome" means "tasty" or "sexually attractive," so it's probably not very cheerful. "Toothy" means "having teeth." Mr Skullhead likes to conflate the two words.
- The name of this familiar is a play on a line from the traditional Christmas song Deck the Halls, "Troll the ancient yuletide carol". The lucky Tam O'Shanter message refers to the line "Don we now our gay apparel" from the same song.
- "Carol of the Belches" is a play on the name of another traditional Christmas song, "Carol of the Bells."
- The second line of the haiku refers to the Flaming Troll.
- Was first seen on November 29th, 2006, when it was equipped by Jick.
- December 2006's Item of the Month from Mr. Store.