This is a normal accordion that has been fitted with a device that makes it play itself, very loudly, once an hour. It's great if you don't like sleeping.
(In-game plural: alarm accordions)
- On use:
|You gain 5-10 Mana Points.|
- Allows casting of Accordion Thief buffs for a duration of 20 adventures per cast.
- Steal message:
|You acquire an item: alarm accordion|
- Acquiring one of these is tricky, especially if you also want to acquire the spangly sombrero and spangly mariachi pants. The alert mariachi is the third and final form of the sleepy mariachi and surprised mariachi.
- The monster changes forms at the end of each combat round in which it is allowed to act (not staggered or stunned). This transformation occurs before you actually see the new monster name and image. By the time you see those, it may be too late.
- For example, let's suppose you fight a sleepy mariachi and it gets the jump on you. It acts this round, transforming into the surprised mariachi with the transformation message. It still looks like a sleepy mariachi because you haven't acted yet. Whatever action you take will occur at the start of the next round, against the surprised mariachi.
- Similarly, if you are in combat against an un-stunned surprised mariachi, it will transform to an alert mariachi that round, before the game waits for your input. The Steal Accordion button will be present, because you are actually about to act against an alert mariachi. If you press that button without stunning the monster first, you will get the alarm accordion, but you will also be beaten up.
- Therefore, if you want the accordion and the hat and pants, you must wait until the Steal Accordion button appears (on the round that the surprised mariachi transforms), stun the monster, then steal the accordion, and finally yellow-ray it.
"6825" does not have an RSS file (yet?) for the collection database.