|| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
Rate of tale dropping
|Look at his lil' whip!|
Dun da dun dunnnnn, dun da daaaaaa,
Increases items and meat drops from monsters
Attacks and weakens your enemies
Sends you on spelunking adventures
Ability: Increases items and meat drops from monsters, attacks and delevels during combat, drops Tales of Spelunking
Throne/Bjorn: +15% Item Drops from Monsters; drops The Knob Shaft and Anemone Mine ores (6/day)
Hatchling: Professor of Spelunkology
Familiar-Specific Equipment: Stembridge sidearm
Mumming Trunk Abilities:
| +30% Meat Drop
|| 4-5 MP
|| +3 Muscle statgain
|| +25% Item Drop
|| +4 Mysticality statgain
|| 8-10 HP
|| +2 Moxie statgain
|*Hover for details
- Regular messages:
- There is a deafening CRACK as <Name> whips your foe for X damage.
- <Name> whips your opponent in the <part>, dealing X damage.
- <Name> trips up your foe with his little whip.
|Monster attack power reduced by X|
|Monster defense reduced by X|
- with Stembridge sidearm(?)
- <Name> can't get his whip detached from his belt, so he just draws his gun and shoots your opponent for 1000 damage.
- After Combat:
- <Name> grins his crooked grin and winks at you.
- <Name> says "This belongs in your wallet!" as he helps you find more Meat.
- <Name> holds a tiny torch up, helping you unearth various artifacts.
- <Name> pores over scrawled notes in an old diary, helping you track down the locations of precious artifacts.
- <Name> scouts out some of the smaller nearby hidey-holes, helping you look for items.
- A trashy paperback falls out of <Name>'s back pocket.
- Enthroned in the Crown of Thrones:
- You hear some pickaxe noises from your hat, and a chunk of ore falls down into your hands.
|You acquire... something. |
- Bjornified in the Buddy Bjorn:
- You hear some pickaxe noises from behind you. <name> tosses you a chunk of ore.
|You acquire... something. |
- With lucky Tam O'Shanter equipped:
- <Name> lifts his fedora to briefly reveal the Tam underneath.
- With miniature gravy-covered maypole equipped:
- <Name> whips the maypole and swings around it like a tetherball.
- With wax lips equipped:
- <Name> uses the wax lips to finally smile with his entire mouth.
- None - familiar has no weaknesses.
- Hatches with a random name of the form <State> <Common Last Name> (e.g. Indiana Jones).
- Drops up to 1 Tales of Spelunking per day after about 2-13 combats.
- The whip and fedora, the occasional decisive combat ending, and the default name format are all references to Indiana Jones.
- The second line of the haiku is a rendition of the first few bars of the main theme song from Raiders of the Lost Ark (the first Indiana Jones film).
- "This belongs in your wallet!" is a play on Indy's repeated line "It belongs in a museum!" from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (the third film).