|| This content has been retired and is no longer available in game.
A Freezing Abyssal Portal appeared in The Big Mountains on September 25, 2013. If the cold, harsh conditions don't kill you, the ferocious hellseals will be there to pick up the slack.
Trying to adventure here after running out of enemies to defeat gives this message:
- The area around the portal is quiet. Looks like you took care of all of the seals. Maybe check back tomorrow.
- Winning a fight in this zone deals cold damage:
Frigid air blows through the portal. Man, the Infernal Abyss is surprisingly cold!
- With no cold resistance, X equals 150% of max HP. Stupendous (+4) cold resistance (or serious (+3) for myst classes) is sufficient to bring this to survivable levels. (See: Elemental Resistance.)
- The blast does not occur after fighting a monster from the portal outside it, for instance using copies
- You could only defeat 11 seals each day. If you lost to or ran away from a seal, you would still be able to fight that seal (or one very similar).