This is a simple camera with a dark secret -- the things it takes pictures of come true! Actually, the things it takes pictures of are already true by definition, but this makes them come true again... later.
(In-game plural: 4-d cameras)
- Without a shaking 4-d camera in inventory:
|With a flash of light and an accompanying old-timey -POOF- noise, you snap a picture of him. Your camera begins to shake, rattle and roll.|
- With a shaking 4-d camera in inventory:
You've already got a camera with a monster in it. You should probably deal with that one before you take another one.
- Against a monster that can't be copied
This moment is too horrifying to commit to film. You can't bring yourself to snap the picture.
- Allows you to copy a monster.
- There is no technical limit on 4-d cameras used per day. However, because shaking 4-d cameras can only be used once per day, and you cannot use a 4-d camera if you have a shaking one in your inventory, they may only ever be used twice a day.
- Using 40 of these makes you eligible for the Professional Photographer trophy
- You may use a 4-d camera on a monster that pops out of a shaking 4-d camera.
- A camera that takes pictures of future events appears in an episode of The Twilight Zone entitled "A Most Unusual Camera" and in Say Cheese and Die! a book in the Goosebumps series.
- "Shake, rattle and roll" is a reference to the classic rock and roll song "Shake, Rattle and Roll" first written by Big Joe Turner and later made famous by Bill Haley & His Comets.
- "4-D" can refer to the idea that time is the fourth dimension of motion or to a fourth spatial dimension.
"4169" does not have an RSS file (yet?) for the collection database.