"Kyliga Bollar," The Glaciest Guide
| This page is in need of content.
Welcome to The Glaciest! Read up before you freeze up, and maybe you'll get ut of here with båda of your kastanjer.
There are three different zones for adventuring at The Glaciest:
- The Ice Hotel, accommodations which are more concerned with climate change than most. This is a low-ML zone that should not be too difficult to traverse for any adventurer. There's a variety of interesting items and mechanics to be found here.
- A bag of foreign bribes can be acquired once per day from an Ice concierge, and when used provides some Meat in addition to one kind of random vacation currency.
- The guest rooms in All They Got Inside is Vacancy (and Ice) can be raided once per day for 3 Wal-Mart gift certificates.
- The Fun-Guy Cold Weather Bartender's Guide, a skillbook that can be found rarely in the All They Got Inside is Vacancy (and Ice) non-combat.
- perfect ice cube, which can be acquired from Ice bartenders, or summoned once per day from the aforementioned skillbook.
- By equipping a bellhop's hat, you will encounter All They Got Inside is Vacancy (and Ice) more often.
- The Ice Hole, a sunken icemare where underwater adventuring rules apply. As a 100% fish zone, this location can be very useful for no-nonsense DNA extraction.
- VYKEA, a vast labyrinth of pine and reaving. If sleep is where you are a disco Viking, here's where you fight limber, lumber, and scaling Vikings, all accompanied by unpronounceable furniture. Note that these monsters are similar to Warbear Officers, as they are treated as dudes.
- The employee lounge in VYKEA! can be looted once per day for 3 Wal-Mart gift certificates.
- The cafeteria in VYKEA! can be visited once per day for a plate of VYKEA meatballs and a bottle of VYKEA mead.
- By using the materials collected from this zone, you can create a VYKEA Companion that can help you in combat. See below for more details.
Although all of Walford's assignments differ in flavor, they all involve the same task of filling his bucket with some stuff from around The Glaciest.
- While all combats above-water normally give 1% progress (meaning a total of 100 turns for completion), The Ice Hole grants 5% progress per combat, meaning quests can be turned in by spending as few as 20 turns through smart application of Fishy and underwater tools.
- While on a quest, the non-combats in The Ice Hotel and VYKEA will have an additional choice that will provide an additional 10-15% bucket filling, significantly speeding up acquisition. See the below table for more details.
- In either the Ice Hotel or VYKEA, you can gain an extra 1% progress by meeting special circumstances in combat. See the below table for more details.
|Supplies||Combat collection method||Non-combat collection method|
|Balls||Win combat with +50% non-familiar bonus item drops in VYKEA||VYKEA|
|Blood||Inflict bleeding damage in either The Ice Hotel or VYKEA (see notes)||The Ice Hotel|
|Bolts||Win combat with VYKEA hex key equipped in VYKEA||The Ice Hotel or VYKEA|
|Chicken||Win combat with +50% bonus food drops in The Ice Hotel||The Ice Hotel|
|Chum||Win combat with +100% non-familiar bonus Meat drops in VYKEA||The Ice Hotel or VYKEA|
|Ice||Inflict at least 10 Cold Damage during a single combat in either The Ice Hotel or VYKEA (see notes)||The Ice Hotel|
|Milk||Win combat with +50% bonus booze drops in The Ice Hotel||VYKEA|
|Moonbeams||Win combat without a hat equipped in either The Ice Hotel or VYKEA||The Ice Hotel or VYKEA|
|Rain||Inflict at least 100 Hot Damage during a single combat in The Ice Hotel||VYKEA|
- The only weapons that has been confirmed to work for collecting extra blood are the remorseless knife and the reindeer sickle. Combat items that have been confirmed to work are the jagged scrap metal, jigsaw blade, old school beer pull tab, throwing knife and tin snips. As the tin snips do not get consumed on use, they are the best choice of combat item to sate your bloodthirst. Beware that the brass gear says it causes bleeding, but actually doesn't. The hedgeturtle, adorable as it might be, and the sawblade fragment have in-combat messages for bleeding, but do not trigger the additional 1%. Also of note is the VYKEA blood rune; when applied to a companion, it will activate the bleeding needed for the extra 1%.
- As Glaciest monsters are cold-aligned, special strategies have to be taken to inflict enough cold damage to get extra ice. The most viable (and laziest) option is casting Curse of Vichyssoise and keeping the monster alive long enough to take 10 Cold damage. The cheapest option is use a single skeleton and call a skeletal wizard. A blue raspberry troll doll also accomplishes that (far more expensive).
Only one quest may be active at a time, and only one quest can be started each day. Walford rewards every assignment with 10 Wal-Mart gift certificates, which can be saved up and spent on things in Wal-Mart.
One unique possibility of The Glaciest is the ability to build a furniture companion at VYKEA, by using VYKEA instructions while possessing a VYKEA hex key along with the appropriate materials. Acting alongside your usual familiar or even your thrall, your VALKEA companion will confer various bonuses to you until rollover, after which they disappear. The exact nature of your companion and its abilities depends on the items used to create it. The number of dowels you insert during your companion's creation determine its level, from 1 to 5.
The crafting tree
|VYKEA Dishrack||Rails, Brackets||Stench||Gives Muscle stats|
|VYKEA Bookshelf||Planks, Planks||Spooky||Gives Mysticality stats|
|VYKEA Dresser||Planks, Rails||Sleaze||Gives Moxie stats|
|VYKEA Ceiling Fan||Planks, Brackets||Cold||Restore HP and MP at the end of combat|
|VYKEA Lamp||Rails, Rails||Hot||+item%|
|VYKEA Couch||Rails, Planks||Physical||+meat%|
The Dogsled Track
Similar to chariot racing, the Dogsled Track allows you to bet Wal-Mart gift certificate on sleigh-dog races which occur there every few hours. Adventurers are able to influence the outcome of these races, positively or negatively, by feeding food and booze respectively to the dogs between races.
- How often are the races? What times of day specifically?
- What's the payout like?
- How much do food and booze change the outcome?
- Booze appears to hinder the racers...
- "Kyliga bollar" means "chilly balls", which is what you'll have while visiting The Glaciest. In fact, it's so cold that your balls will be chilly even if you're a woman. Make sure to pack your warmest underwear!
|Elemental International Airport (Duty Free Shop)|
| Spring Break Beach
| Conspiracy Island
| That 70s Volcano
| The Glaciest|