|Locations||The Heap: Deep Enough to Dive|
You climb into the dumpster and close the lid over your head. As your eyes adjust to the darkness, you see a filthy-looking hobo glaring at you from the other end of the dumpster.
"Didn't you read the sign? This is my property." he says.
"Oh yeah? And who are you, exactly?" you reply.
"Who am I? WHO AM I!?" the hobo shouts. "I am Oscus! The Hegemon of the Heap! The Warlord of Waste! The Regent of Refuse!"
"Okay, okay, I get i..."
"The Duke of Detritus! The Lord of the Landfill! The Tzar of Trash! The..."
You figure the best way to stop this speech is to hit him.
He picks up a bag full of garbage, tears it open, and hurls it at you. Eww, there was Indian food in there! Ooh! Oof! Ugh! Ouch! Argh! Ooh! Ow! Ouch! Ugh! Ouch!
He picks up a carton of years-old eggs and throws them at you one at a time. Ugh! Argh! Ooh! Ugh! Eek! Ugh! Ooh! Eek! Ooh! Argh!
He stomps on the floor of the dumpster, creating a tidal wave of garbage that engulfs you. Oof! Ugh! Argh! Ugh! Oof! Ugh! Ouch! Ouch! Argh! Eek!
He dives beneath the garbage, and reemerges underneath you, biting you on the ankle. Ugh! Eek! Ow! Ow! Ugh! Ow! Ugh! Eek! Eek! Oof!
He screams a hobo war chant and leaps through the air toward you, landing on your head and holding you underneath the surface of the mostly-liquid garbage for several minutes. Ow! Argh! Ouch! Ooh! Oof! Ooh! Ouch! Oof! Oof! Ow!
He picks up a bag full of garbage and hurls it at you, but he throws like a stupid girl, so it comes nowhere near you.
He stomps on the floor of the dumpster, creating a tidal wave of garbage, but you grab a discarded styrofoam cooler lid and wakeboard to safety.
He picks up a carton of years-old eggs and throws them at you, but it turns out they're duck eggs, so you're able to easily avoid them.
He dives beneath the garbage, and reemerges a few feet to the left. "Dangit," he mutters.
He leaps through the air toward you, but is knocked senseless when he hits his head on the lid of the dumpster. You'd think he'd be used to that by now. (FUMBLE!)
Oscus produces a cloud of noxious gas, which surrounds you, causing you to gag and choke.The noxious gasses make you choke and gag. It really hurts, and the cloud seems to be getting thicker...
|You lose some hit points.|
|You lose some hit points. (stench damage)|
|You acquire an item: The Ballad of Richie Thingfinder (???% chance)*|
|You acquire some jars of fermented pickle juice|
|An item drops: Oscus's dumpster waders|
|An item drops: Oscus's pelt|
|An item drops: Wand of Oscus|
|An item drops: Oscus's flypaper pants (20% chance)*|
|An item drops: Oscus's garbage can lid (20% chance)*|
|An item drops: Oscus's neverending soda (20% chance)*|
|You acquire a clan trophy:||Garbage-covered Rags|
|You gain ~125 <substat>.|
- The gas cloud attack doubles in intensity every round.
- Oscus also has an aura that does stench damage every round:
- Hobopolis bosses are immune to effects which would cause them to be unable to act over multiple rounds, such as entangling noodles, chloroform rags, and Richard's Grenades.
- Oscus has a soft damage cap, after which a special damage reduction is applied. If an attack would do no more than 500 damage, then no damage reduction is applied. Otherwise, if x is the base damage done, then the actual damage Oscus takes is 500+floor((x-500)^.75). This formula is applied to any type of damage and to any source of damage.
- The number of jars of fermented pickle juice dropped increases with item drop bonuses at 1 for 100%. That is, you will receive floor(item/100) jars.
- Oscus will always drop exactly 1 piece of his outfit.
- The other 3 drops have a 20% chance of dropping, unaffected by +item.
- This monster cannot be copied.
- Oscus, his multiple titles and his artifacts are a reference to Orcus from D&D.
- He is also a nod to trash-loving Oscar the Grouch.
- The miss message is a reference to the song "Stupid Girl", by (who else?) Garbage.