For the yeti mount, see hideous egg.
|Locations||The Icy Peak|
|Monster Parts||arm, head, leg, torso|
This is an enormous Yeti, from the distant icy lands of Knott. The Yetis of Knott are extremely powerful, outmatched only by the fiendish Slandings of Knott.
He gnaws on your stomach with his teeth, causing you abominable abdominal pain. Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
He puts your entire head in his mouth. Ew, and you thought these things smelled bad on the outside... Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
He lets loose a fiendish roar, which starts an avalanche high in the mountains. You get run over by at least twelve inches of snow (a licky boom boom down). Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
He tries to claw you, but you duck and make the mating call of the Knott Slanding, which frightens him.
He gnashes his teeth at you, but you act like an elfin dentist until he's frightened away.
He tries to gnaw on your stomach, but fails abominably. And abdominally.
He tries to put your head in his mouth, but stops when he catches a whiff of your hair.
He stomps toward you, but falls into a patch of deep snow. You kick back and enjoy watching him struggle to extricate himself. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 160-240 Meat (average: 200, stdev: 16.73)*|
|You acquire an item: yeti fur (30.8% chance)*|
|You gain 26-27 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Icy Peak.
- As of August 29, 2006, the Yeti's attack messages include "Brrrrrrrrrrr." instead of Argh! Ow! Argh! and the penguin skin is no longer a possible item drop.
- Knott Yeti refers to an old joke, which goes thus: "Has anyone found an abominable snowman?" "Not Yeti!"
- The Knott Slanding is a reference to the television show Knots Landing. It is also a reference to the ultra rare adventure in the same area.
- The elfin dentist is an allusion to Hermey the Misfit Elf, a character from the 1964 Christmas television special Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, who would rather study dentistry than make toys.
- The line "big, sharp, pointy teeth" is used to describe a killer rabbit in the 1975 movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- "I thought they smelled bad on the outside" is said by Han Solo in The Empire Strikes Back after he kills and slices open a Tauntaun, a large ice-dwelling creature.
- The usage of the word abdominal is a pun on a common mispronunciation of the word abominable.
- The phrase, "A licky boom-boom down", comes from the song "Informer" by Snow, from the album 12 Inches of Snow.