This room (and the space outside it) is guarded by the intersection of a(n) X-dimensional horror with our humble three dimensions. It's either looking toward you or through you, you're not quite sure which.
|Collapse That Waveform(1)|
|Hit Points||(Scales as ceiling(1.7*ceiling(basementlevel1.4)))|
|Attack||(Scales as 2*ceiling(basementlevel1.4))|
|Defense||(Scales as attack)|
This swirling amorphous blob is actually the intersection of a higher-dimensional lifeform with our three-dimensional space. It's pretty horrifying, but from its point of view, you're probably not real pretty either. I mean, it can see inside your guts! Ew!
It gives you a vicious poke in the throat. From the inside. Eek! Ouch! Ooh!
It grabs your innards and gives them a squeeze. Not a friendly squeeze, either. Ugh! Ouch! Oof!
It thumps you on the head when you were a baby, and the concussion reverberates up the timeline. Argh! Ooh! Ouch! Ouch!
It strangles you with a superstring. You can feel yourself dying in several parallel universes. Eek! Eek! Ugh! Ugh!
A hole tears in the fabric of space-time, and you get a brief glimpse of several of your alternate-dimension selves, all of whom are sexier and more successful than you. Eek! Argh! Argh! Oof! Eek! Ouch!
It strangles you with a superstring, but fortunately you take all the damage in an alternate timeline.
It grabs your innards and gives them a squeeze. Fortunately it's not quite in phase at the time, but it still tickles. You giggle and rub your belly.
It thumps you on the head six years from now. Better mark your calendar, and have some aspirin handy.
It pokes viciously at where your <nipple> would have been if it had had more than three dimensions.
It gets confused and kills an alternate-universe version of you. You get kind of a weird feeling. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain some <substat>.|
Occurs at Fernswarthy's Basement.
- X increases by 1 every time you fight a horror in the basement. It starts at 4?
- Physical attacks (melee attacks, Turtle Tamer butt attacks, Seal Clubber smack attacks) will not work.
- Combat items, spells, Moxious Maneuver, and familiar attacks are never blocked. The Seal Clubber starting skill Clobber seems to work as well.
- You can fight it for 50 rounds, instead of the usual 30.
- This monster cannot be copied.
- The point about being able to see your guts is a reference to the book Flatland, in which the protagonist (a square) remarks on the ability of his three-dimensional guest (a sphere) to see his innards.
- The message about giggling and rubbing your belly may be a reference to the Pillsbury Doughboy, a mascot who gets poked in the stomach, then giggles and rubs it in many commercials.
- The message about the monster killing an alternate universe you and feeling a bit weird is possibly a reference to the 2001 movie The One, in which Jet Li kills himself in alternate universes and gains power through it.
- The message about alternate-dimension selves all being sexier and more successful than you may refer to the character Arnold Rimmer from the British sci-fi comedy series Red Dwarf, where one episode indicates that every alternate-dimension version of himself met by "Ace Rimmer" was better off than the "main" Arnold Rimmer starring in the series.
- The choice to collapse that waveform refers to the phenomena of wave collapse in quantum mechanics, where upon viewing a wave of particles, the mere act of observation forces it to "collapse" into only one of its states, or points.
- The superstrings and multiple versions of you reference M-Theory (String Theory), as there are (hypothetically) an infinite number of Branes, each of which contain different versions of you, and how the strings vibrate uncontrollably and whatnot.