Wall of skin
|Wall of skin|
|Locations||The Naughty Sorceress' Tower|
|Resistance||100%, 100% all elements|
Your way forward is blocked by a wall of nasty stitched-together human skin. "Y'know," says Frank, "if you'd asked me a minute ago if I'd be happier with skin, I'd have said yes. Now I'm not so sure."
It rubs a particularly calloused bit of itself against your shoulder. Ooh! Oof! Oof!
It wraps a flap of itself around you and gives you a whole-body Indian burn. Argh! Ugh! Eek! (hot damage)
You watch as goosebumps rise on a big section of it. Then you shudder as goosebumps rise on a big section of you. Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
It lifts up an especially nasty flap of itself, releasing an unbelievable stench. Ugh! Ow! Ooh! (stench damage)
You accidentally brush up against a really sweaty part of it. Blech. Ooh! Eek! Ouch! (sleaze damage)
Some of the hairs on it stand up. Some of yours respond in kind. Ugh! Eek! Argh! (spooky damage)
It rubs a particularly calloused bit of itself against your <knee>.
|You gain ~50 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Naughty Sorceress' Tower.
- Never misses.
- Is resistant to all forms of damage.
- Cannot be stunned or staggered.
- Deals increasing damage each combat round.
- On each attack the wall will deal damage equal to ceiling( MaxHP * (0.05 + 0.25 * number of previous attacks) ) which is unaffected by Damage Absorption, Damage Reduction or Elemental Resistance.
- Its first attack will deal 5% of your Max HP rounded up, the second will deal 30%, the third will deal 55% and the fourth will deal 80%.
- Although Monster Level affects Attack and Defense stats as normal, the damage the wall does is unaffected, and it will always have exactly 50 HP.
- An exception to this is the BIG! challenge path, where the wall is affected by the +150 HP modifier.
- Hint upon death (without beehive):
- Frank says "I remember when I had skin. It was beautiful, too. Perfect. Not at all like that monstrosity. Anyway, speaking of having skin, you know what I hated more than anything when I had skin? Gettin' it stung by a bunch of bees, that's what. Back in my living days, it seems like every time I went to the Black Forest, I'd get stung by eight or ten bees. Hey, wait a minute! That's an idea!"
- Hint upon death (with beehive):
- Frank says "Hey, you know what skin hates? Bees. You should maybe try usin' that beehive you been carryin' around."
- Using a handful of bees does nothing special to this monster.
- Is most easily defeated with a beehive, found in The Black Forest.
- Its damage will usually kill you after four rounds. As damage is percent based, increasing your Max HP is not an effective strategy.
- Despite generally being immune to Stunning, attacks from the wall can be avoided with some skills. Known skills that can successfully avoid damage from the wall are:
- Without using the beehive, 50 damage must be dealt to the wall, meaning 50 sources of damage must be dealt (13 per turn will defeat it in 4 turns).
- Kneebutt, Dual wielding, Prismatic Damage and Passive Damage can all help you defeat it using brute force.
- The Imitation Crab deals 4 damage per turn and is typically the best familiar choice. The Sludgepuppy and the Mini-Crimbot can both deal 3 sources of damage per round. Alternatively a Warbear Drone will deal equal or greater damage if the fight can be prolonged beyond 4 rounds (this requires the use of 1 or more of the valid stunning skills). A Reanimated Reanimator with 50 arms will attack 5 times per turn, but achieving such a large swarm will require too many turns to be worth the effort in a typical run.
- Skills that deal passive damage: Spiky Shell, Jalapeno Saucesphere, Psalm of Pointiness, Scarysauce, Summon Love Stinkbug (takes a round).
- Note that passive damage sources fire after the monster attacks. If you are entering Round 4 (or any round where the monster's attack will kill you), you must be able to deplete the monster's remaining HP via weapon and familiar damage alone in order to avoid losing. Your passive damage will not fire if the monster's attack beats you up first.
- Equipment (found in-run or from IotMs) that deal passive damage: hot plate, smirking shrunken head, bottle opener belt buckle, hippy protest button, Hand in Glove, tiny bowler, ant hoe (or other similar familiar equipment), groll doll (sometimes), shocked shell (TT only), spiky turtle shoulderpads (damages twice, TT only), Vampieroghi (or high enough level Vermincelli or Lasagmbie) (P only), Soul Funk (S only).
- Consumable items (found in-run or from IotMs) that deal passive damage: glob of spoiled mayo, cheap cigar butt, pygmy phone number (can be auto-pickpocketed if you're using Bowls of Scorpions).
- The Pale Horse in the Horsery will attack once per turn 50% of the time.