Twitch Livestream World Event
The Twitch Livestream World Events are a series of development sessions featuring Jick, Skully, Hotstuff, and the rest of the KoL creation team at Asymmetric. During these development sessions the Asymmetric staff creates a new world event while streaming the process live on Twitch. The locations and monsters created in these events (barring the first) will return during all future events as part of The Time-Twitching Tower, a theoretically infinite pillar of zones. The items attained in these zones, including a universal currency called Chroner, persist in the inventory as usual.
Since Twitch Livestream World Event II, the participating players can permanently join one of two teams, the Time Lords or the Time Bandits, who can compete for various rewards and consolation prizes.
Starting with Twitch Livestream World Event IV there's also a /twitch chat channel that allows players to talk about the event while the content is active.
Following Twitch Livestream World Event VI, the Time-Twitching Tower returned periodically with new zones, but the creation of these zones was not livestreamed.
- Twitch Livestream World Event I: May 24, 2014 (Jarlsuary 3, Year 44)
- Twitch Livestream World Event II: June 22, 2014 (April 8, Year 44)
- Twitch Livestream World Event III: July 26, 2014 (Carlvember 2, Year 44)
- Twitch Livestream World Event IV: August 24, 2014 (Dougtember 7, Year 44)
- Twitch Livestream World Event V: September 27, 2014 (Martinus 1, Year 45)
- Twitch Livestream World Event VI: November 22, 2014 (Dougtember 1, 45)
- Time-Twitching Tower Event (Level 7): February 13th, 2015 (Porktober 4, Year 46)
- Time-Twitching Tower Event (Level 8): October 12, 2015 (Petember 4, Year 49)
- Time-Twitching Tower Event (Level 9): September 29, 2016 (Dougtember 6, Year 52) - October 2, 2016 (Jarlsuary 1, Year 53)
- In order to score points for their respective team, a player had to wear their Time Lord Badge of Honor or Time Bandit Badge of Courage during the events II and III. Each event had used the Badges in a different fashion, tracking points for various behaviors. This behavior was changed with event V. According to Jick, it will no longer be necessary to wear badges to collect points for a team.
- The Time-Twitching Tower was reopened after rollover on February 12th, 2015 for a single day, "So that we can get back on schedule" according to the announcement. It introduced Level 6 (Dec, 25, 1492), but there was no stream in conjunction with this event.
- The Time-Twitching Tower reopened again after rollover on October 12, 2015 for two days. It introduced Level 7 (Shakespearean Tymes), but there was no stream in conjunction with this event.
- The Time-Twitching Tower reopened again after rollover on September 29, 2016 for three days. It introduced Level 8 (KoL Con 13) as part of a virtual KoL Con. There was a livestream on Saturday, October 1 wherein Jick and HotStuff answered player questions.
- Twitch Livestream World Event I
- Twitch Livestream World Event II
- Twitch Livestream World Event III
- Twitch Livestream World Event IV
- Twitch Livestream World Event V
- Twitch Livestream World Event VI