This page has been left here for historical reasons. Regular Tuesday updates don't happen anymore. Please do not edit this page with new updates.
The purpose of this page is to provide quick documentation of the latest Tuesday Updates to the Kingdom.
Please Note: The information on this page is very new. It is likely to be inaccurate and is always subject to change. Use this page as a jumping-off point, and save the in-depth analysis for the pages we link to from here.
Please Also Note: This page is intended only for official Tuesday Updates -- other updates (even ones that may occur on Tuesday) should be placed in the History of Loathing.
After June 19, 2007
- No official updates -- NS13 took enough effort, so they're taking an extended break. Jick has said that Tuesday updates have been forgone in favor of larger updates every once in awhile.
June 12, 2007
Happy Tuesday! There are a couple of new items at the shore (and one old item reintroduced) and a couple of shirts have been added in a couple of other places.
- Reintroduced Item:
June 5, 2007
So, this Tuesday's update is actually going to be a Wednesday update -- we've put another (small, simple) recurring holiday into the rotation, and it'll trigger tomorrow night at rollover.
- New Holiday:
Today is Dependence Day! Go get some fireworks at the Market, and celebrate!
- Three fireworks available from The Market, giving various effects when used.
May 29, 2007
There's a new (rarish, unless you're a Pastamancer, in which case it's somewhat less rarish at first and then somewhat rarisher later) adventure in the Haunted Library. Content preview: It involves books.
- New Adventure:
May 22, 2007
- No official update.
May 15, 2007
The Traveling Trader is back again. He was apparently investigating the source of all of this swamp gas.
- New Item:
May 08, 2007
Darn that swamp gas! We're still too busy working on big projects to do much of anything for a Tuesday update.
May 01, 2007
- On April 30, 2007, Jick and Co released this statement:
Due to the alignment of the planets, and a corresponding reflection of the Northern Lights through some swamp gas, there probably won't be a content update tomorrow. Rest assured, however, that we're hard at work on big exciting things.
April 24, 2007
- Modified Items:
- Items no longer craftable (at least until NS13):
April 17, 2007
Next Tuesday's update might not involve skins, but we're not making any promises.
- New shirts:
April 10, 2007
A couple of new skins and a handful of new smithing recipes have been added. Still yet more to come.
April 3, 2007
A handful of new smithing/armorcrafting recipes have gone in. More to come.
- New craftable equipment, including:
- According to Jick, there was one more as-yet-undiscovered item. The yak toupee's item number and discovery time (discovered on April 17) seems to indicate that this item may have been the "undiscovered item" of this update.
March 28, 2007
March 20, 2007
The clan message board has been replaced with a rudimentary clan forum system, accessible from the same link that the old clan board was. Go forth, and post! More features will be added as time and gumption permits.
March 15, 2007
As you may have noticed, there was no significant update this past Tuesday. We are, however, continuing to add miscellaneous combat weirdnesses in various places.
March 6, 2007
A handful of monsters have been given new special attacks and/or random things that happen during combat. There will be more of these added over the next few days.
- New things that happen in combat include:
- The Quiet Healer occasionally restores 15-20 of your HP.
- The Knob Goblin Mad Scientist occasionally restores 8-10 of your MP.
- The Knob Goblin Very Mad Scientist occasionally restores 18-20 of your MP.
- The gaunt ghuol, ghuol, gluttonous ghuol, and huge ghuol occasionally restore some of their HP.
- When the drunken half-orc hobo and hung-over half-orc hobo throw spare change you receive 3-4 Meat.
- When the Fruit Golem whacks you with a grapefruit you receive it.
- When the Lesser Fruit Golem hits you with an orange you receive it.
- When the Yeast Beast chucks a piece of himself you receive a wad of dough.
- New effects received from monsters:
- "The Disease" (received from disease-in-the-box)
- A Little Bit Poisoned (received from whitesnake)
- Axe Wound (received from decent lumberjack, lumberjack supervisor, lumberjill, and lumberjuan)
- Cunctatitis (received from Procrastination Giant)
- Fearless (received from Ninja Snowman (Chopsticks))
- Grilled (received from 7-Foot Dwarf Foreman)
- Half-Eaten Brain (received from conjoined zmombie, corpulent zobmie, grave rober zmobie, zmobie, and zombie waltzers)
- Infinite Loop (received from ?)
- Lycanthropy, Eh? (received from Weremoose)
- Mad at Science (received from Sub-Assistant Knob Mad Scientist)
- Mild Lycanthropy (received from Warwelf)
- Really Quite Poisoned (received from ?)
- Socialismydia (received from crusty hippy)
- Somewhat Poisoned (received from Spectral Jellyfish, swarm of killer bees)
- Temporary Amnesia (received from Protagonist)
- Tetanus (received from empty suit of armor)
- What's That Smell? (received from fiendish can of asparagus)
- Hardly Poisoned at All also had its effect changed.
February 27, 2007
February 20, 2007
The Palindome has been given a minor facelift, and the monsters in it have been significantly raised in power.
- Monster levels and meat drops were increased.
- Several items had their autosell, power/requirement, and/or enchantment increased.
- batblade increased power from 110 to 145 and requirement from 40 to 57 Muscle
- denim axe increased autosell from 125 to 225 Meat, power from 120 to 170, requirement from 45 to 70 Muscle, and enchantment from Muscle +5, Melee Damage +5 to Muscle +10, Melee Damage +5
- drab sonata increased autosell from 52 to 155 Meat
- enormous belt buckle increased autosell from 59 to 125 Meat
- gnatwing increased autosell from 52 to 118 Meat
- ketchup hound increased autosell from 52 to 120 Meat
- leather chaps increased power from 130 to 160 and requirement from 50 to 65 Moxie
- mesh cap increased power from 130 to 165 and requirement from 50 to 67 Moxie
- A couple adventures were retired:
February 13, 2007
Entangling Noodles have been changed -- they now bind the monster up for a number of rounds, preventing it from attacking you.
February 6, 2007
The game will now nudge you towards quests you're eligible for but haven't started yet. Accessibility +1!
January 30, 2007
January 24, 2007
Check your guild for some new faces. And some new methods of opening up some old zones.
- Introduced the Wizard of Ego Quest.
January 17, 2007
January 9, 2007
Moxie class characters now get the option to try to steal an item from a monster when they get the jump. After only four short years, our thieves and bandits are finally actually bandits and thieves. Irrespectively.
January 3, 2007
In unrelated news, we totally thought today was Tuesday.
December 5-26, 2006
- No updates due to Crimboween.
November 28, 2006
- The Haunted Pantry
- The Sleazy Back Alley
- Outskirts of Cobb's Knob
- Also, most of the other non-combat adventures not mentioned above (excluding clover and one time adventures) have been discontinued.
November 21, 2006
It's Clantastic Tuesday! The way clan buffs work has been changed, and a few new types of buff have been added. There have also been a bunch of visual and organizational improvements to the clan hall interface in general.
- Introduced the Clan Administration Office.
- New clan buffs:
November 14, 2006
A few new shirt drops have been added, for those players aware of their torsos. Plantman knows where the plants will grow.
- eXtreme Bi-Polar Fleece Vest in The eXtreme Slope
- Grateful Undead T-shirt in The Defiled Alcove and The Misspelled Cemetary (Post-Crypt).
- safety vest in the Itznotyerzitz Mine
- vampire cape in The Spooky Forest
- Ye Olde Navy Fleece in The Palindome
Also, the Crackpot Mystic now has a "make as many as possible" option for the items he crafts. There should no longer be anything to whine about regarding the Crackpot Mystic.
November 7, 2006
It's Tuesday, and we're only a week late for Halloween! We've added a bunch of new encounters and items to Spookyraven Manor. Enjoy!
- The Haunted Bathroom
- The Haunted Bedroom
- The Haunted Ballroom
- Some items now break occasionally: antique helmet, antique spear, antique shield, and antique greaves
October 31, 2006
November's Item of the Month is now available in Mr. Store. Due to the real-life and in-game holiday traffic jam, there's no official Tuesday update. Sorry -- we'll try to make it up to you next week.
- Note: Despite no Tuesday update, new content for Crimboween did premiere on this day.
October 24, 2006
A new clan feature, clan advertisements, has been released. Clan leaders can now take out an advertisement, which will be displayed alongside the clan's furniture in an all-new clan search page! The new search page allows you to search clans by member count and furniture, and also shows the top 10 clans, as favored by the Council of Loathing. (The Council of Loathing likes clans who spend a lot on advertising, come to find out.)
October 17, 2006
Clan furniture has gotten a serious facelift. The old gym stuff and the rest of the furniture are now in a Clan Rumpus Room, and there are tons of new furniture options available. Tons, I tell you.
October 10, 2006
Minor update today -- some new pies are in the air.
October 3, 2006
- The Hermitage no longer has randomly generated clover days in which one can get as many clovers as one has trinkets. Instead, each player has a daily allocation of zero to six clovers every clover day, nonstacking, which he or she can purchase.
- Also, there's a new mini-questy-type thing in the Manor involving two new items: the silver shrimp fork, and half of a memo.
September 26, 2006
The oft-overlooked fortune cookie has been the recipient of a reimagining. They're now food, and available at the Demon market. The fortunes inside have been changed to context-sensitive hints about quests and whatnot.
September 19, 2006
8 New Zones!
So, yeah. We dropped a significant amount of new content in tonight. Finding it will be at least 1% of the fun! Please note that we'll probably be tweaking and/or rebalancing the new content over the next couple of weeks as we watch people play with it, so please feel free to constructively criticise in the forums.
- The new zones are as follows:
- The Haunted Kitchen
- The Haunted Gallery
- The Haunted Billiards Room
- The Haunted Library
- The Haunted Conservatory
- The Haunted Bathroom
- The Haunted Bedroom
- The Haunted Ballroom
- There are six skills attainable in this area, one for each class:
September 12, 2006
The old, boring "You hit for X damage" messages in monster fights have been augmented with more specific messages based on your weapon and the monster you're fighting.
- Data and speculation can be found here.
September 5, 2006
Gnorman the Supertinker, that sly old dog, has learned some sly new tricks.
- clockwork sword (Supertinker clockwork handle, clockwork shank, and clockwork key)
- clockwork staff (Supertinker clockwork handle, clockwork rod, and clockwork key)
- clockwork crossbow (Supertinker clockwork rod, clockwork shank, and clockwork key)
Also, by popular request, the Auto Attack option in the Account menu has been expanded to allow you to automatically attack with any combat skill or spell, not just your weapon. Xenophobe is back in town with an interface-improving vengeance!
August 29, 2006
All monsters can now get both critical hits and fumbles in combat. This change is accompanied by special critical and fumble messages unique to each monster. Yay, more dumb jokes!
Also, the Icy Peak is now finally a real zone. Several new monsters and encounters have been added, making it significantly less boring than it used to be. Yay, more content!
- New combat adventures:
- New non-combat adventures:
- New clover adventure:
August 22, 2006
- A cavalcade of cloverable cloisters were created:
- The "Fun" House (The Boxer): 3 boxes
- The Bugbear Pens (Pre and Post Felonia) (Faux Fur Pas): Bugbear Costume (bugbear beanie and bugbear bungguard)
- Camp Logging Camp (Oot to Lunch): poutine, balaclava baklava and Blatantly Canadian
- Degrassi Knoll (That's Amore): goat cheese pizza, mushroom pizza, or sausage pizza
- Fernswarthy's Tower (I've Gotta Crow): disembodied brain, 15 Mysteriousness
- Guano Junction (How I Wonder What You're At): 2 sonar-in-a-biscuits, lose 5 HP
- Guano Junction (What Can You Do?): 3 baseballs
- Itznotyerzitz Mine (Either Ore): chrome ore, linoleum ore, and asbestos ore.
- The Misspelled Cemetary (Before Cyrpt Quest) (Only Dust and a Plaque): smart skull, 15 Fortitude
- The Misspelled Cemetary (After Cyrpt Quest) (Rolling the Bones): smart skull, disembodied brain
- Laboratory (Believe it or Not): 3 Knob Goblin superseltzers
- Outskirts of Camp Logging Camp (Best Served Cold): 3 forest tears
- The Spooky Gravy Barrow (Stage Fright): spooky lipstick
- South of The Border (Forget Not That I am an Ass): pack of chewing gum
- Thugnderdome (Gno More Mr. Gnice Guy): gnomish toolbox
- (no clover adventures at Goatlet, Sky, Castle, Ship, Menagerie 1, 2 and 3, Cove (in and out of disguise), Mines (in disguise), Slope, Ninja Lair, or the Arena)
- Consequently, there are two new items: the pack of chewing gum and the gnomish toolbox.
August 16, 2006
- A bunch of new utensils were added as monster drops at various levels:
- Gnollish pie server: a 1-handed utensil with +3 spell damage
- Gnollish slotted spoon: a 1-handed utensil with +3 spell damage
- Knob Goblin spatula: a 1-handed utensil with +4 spell damage
- jack flapper: a 1-handed utensil with +5 spell damage
- filthy pestle: a 1-handed utensil with +7 spell damage
- Knob Goblin melon baller: a 1-handed utensil with +8 spell damage
- huge spoon: a 1-handed utensil with +10 spell damage
- oversized pizza cutter: a 1-handed utensil with +13 spell damage
- star spatula: a 1-handed utensil with +15 spell damage
- Knob Goblin tongs give +2 spell damage and no longer give +1 Mysticality
- chopsticks now confer +12 spell damage
- The basic meat foon is now smithable with elemental powder, yielding an improved foon (+8 damage to that flavor of spell).
August 15, 2006
We've added a whole bunch of new Meatsmithing recipes, changed some old ones, and made some improvements to the way the Comma Chameleon (August's Item-of-the-Month) works. See this thread for details on the Chameleon changes.
- New Meatsmithing components (available at The Meatsmith):
- New Meatsmithing recipes:
- Dense meat weapons, made by smithing a dense meat stack with an upgraded component have been introduced:
- Savory weapons, made by smithing dense meat weapons with scrumptious reagents, have been introduced, along with more potent versions:
- Kentucky-fried weapons now require the upgraded components and more potent versions have been introduced:
- Improved Super Meatsmithing weapons were introduced:
- Spirit Precipice (smith a glowing red eye with an asbestos sword)
- smoldering staff (smith a patchouli incense stick with an asbestos staff)
- hot cross bow (smith hot nuggets with an asbestos crossbow)
- sword behind inappropriate prepositions (smith a facsimile dictionary with a chrome sword)
- meatspout staff (smith a meat vortex with a chrome staff)
- carob cannon (smith carob chunks with a chrome crossbow)
- shuddersword (smith spooky nuggets with a linoleum sword)
- hairy staff (smith goat beard with a linoleum staff)
- projectile icemaker (smith cold nuggets with a linoleum crossbow)
- Enchantments of various weapons were modified:
- Asbestos weapons now give +7 weapon stat enchantment and +5 of another stat. Previously they only gave a +9 weapon stat enchantment.
- Chrome weapons now give +7 weapon stat enchantment in addition to the three adventure bonus it previously gave.
- Linoleum weapons now give +7 weapon stat enchantment and +7 bonus spell damage. Previously they boosted HP and/or MP.
- A new hilarious item was also introduced: the defective skull.
August 8, 2006
We've done a minor revamp of the Accordion Thief skills. Some underpowered, unpopular and underutilized ones were made better, and a few of them were reordered and/or had their MP costs changed.
- Level 2: The Magical Mojomuscular Melody changed from granting Maximum MP +30 MP to Mysticality +10 and Maximum MP +20.
- Level 4: The Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith changed from granting Muscle +10 to Muscle +10 and Maximum HP +20.
- Level 6: Jackasses' Symphony of Destruction used to be the level 9 skill. It used to only grant Melee Damage +12, but now additionally grants Spell Damage +12. Also, its casting cost was reduced from 20MP to 9MP.
- Level 7: Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric had its casting cost reduced from 12MP to 11MP.
- Level 8: Brawnee's Anthem of Absorption used to be the level 6 skill. It used to give Damage Absorption but now gives Damage Reduction. Additionally, its casting cost was increased from 9MP to 13MP.
- Level 9: The Psalm of Pointiness used to be the level 8 skill. It got a deleveling effect added (-3ML and 4-8 damage when taking damage). Additionally, its casting cost was reduced from 16MP to 15MP.
August 1, 2006
A bunch of new crafting recipes have been added, as well as a couple of new drops from monsters on the Island. Item drops. Not, like, eyedrops. There are already too many eyedrops in the game.
- Expanded versions of weapons using packing materials have been introduced:
- flaming cardboard sword (smith hot powder with a cardboard sword)
- sword of static (smith a long skinny balloon with a bubblewrap sword)
- Frost™ brand sword (smith cold powder with a styrofoam sword)
- flypaper staff (smith pine tar with a cardboard staff)
- wiffle-flail (smith a baseball with a bubblewrap staff)
- squeaky staff (smith a sonar-in-a-biscuit with a styrofoam staff)
- grease gun (smith a White Citadel burger with a cardboard crossbow)
- bubble bauble bow (smith a bling-bling with a bubblewrap crossbow)
- can cannon (smith a razor-sharp can lid with a styrofoam crossbow)
- Expanded versions of dripping meat weapons have been introduced:
- Starchy weapons, smithed with dry noodles, have been introduced, along with more potent versions:
- New island drops:
July 25, 2006
The reward scheme for the Giant Garbage quest has been made a little more interesting. We also added a bunch of new cooking recipes. Some interesting, some not so interesting -- it all depends on your threshold for finding things interesting, I guess.
- Giant Trash Quest now gives a class specific item:
- New reagent potions:
- New taco recipes:
Also, all class skills level 4 and under have had their training costs reduced, and the trainer is unlocked after you complete the first Guild challenge. We'll fill in some sort of reward for the third one soon.
- Skill cost reduction:
- Level 1 skills reduced from 1,000 to 200 Meat
- Level 2 skills reduced from 2,000 to 800 Meat
- Level 3 skills reduced from 3,000 to 1,800 Meat
- Level 4 skills reduced from 4,000 to 3,200 Meat
July 18, 2006
Tuesday's coming. Did-- err, Tuesday's here.
The Knob Goblins have discovered a new section inside of their glorious Knob. Beware the inhabitants therein, for brute force may not be enough to keep you alive...
The Grimoire also has a new item.
July 11, 2006
Is it Tuesday again already? Doc Galaktik needs some help.
Also, some PvP changes have been rolled out. Each fight is now best of 7 rounds, instead of best of 5, and a bunch of new minigames have been added.
- New minigames:
- Bleeding Contest (highest current HP wins)
- Burping Contest (highest current MP wins)
- Diet Balance Contest (most unique food consumed within past 30 days wins)
- Popularity Contest (lowest rank wins)
- Tattoo Contest (most tattoos wins)
- Trophy Stacking Contest (most trophies wins)
- Wine Tasting Contest (most unique drinks consumed within past 30 days wins)
July 4, 2006
It's Tuesday, and what a Tuesday it is! The next stage of Riff's Guild Quest project has been rolled out, along with some changes to the zone it involves.
- New locations:
- Whitey's Grove changes:
June 27, 2006
It's Tuesday! (At least, for us, it still is.) The Moxious Maneuver button has disappeared, and is now a choice in your Use Skills menu in combat. Additionally, Moxious Maneuver is now affected by -MP cost items.
Also, more elemental tests have been added to the Daily Dungeon (including new sleaze tests.) These may not show up for a day or two, due to the Daily Dungeon's randomness, but you'll know 'em when you see 'em.
- New adventures at the Daily Dungeon:
June 20, 2006
It's Tuesday, and we've got two for Tuesday today.
All outfits now have an additional effect of some sort when worn. See if you can figure out all of them!
A number of new shopkeeper images were added to mall stores. You can now switch your shopkeeper name and picture without selling your entire store, for 1,000 Meat. Additionally, if you have a custom avatar, you can choose that to be your shopkeeper picture as well.
- The following are the newly introduced shopkeeper images:
June 13, 2006
It's Tuesday! There's that new item in the Grimoire. But wait! There's more!
The level 15 crafting skills for Seal Clubbers, Saucerors, and Pastamancers have been rolled out. The Saucecrafting rollout required us to make some changes to existing items and effects, so it might seem like you're missing stuff, but you're not... Also, some cooking recipes (notably chow meins) don't work the way they used to. There's a forum post with details.
- New skills:
June 6, 2006
It's Tuesday! There's a happenin's a'transpirin' on the Mysterious Island.
- Introduced the Around the World Quest.