| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
MP Cost: 3
This is a thrusting smack with your weapon. It will do double the usual amount of weapon damage to your opponent if it connects.
|Effect:||A regular attack with extra hit chance that doubles base weapon damage, and also Bonus Weapon Damage if a Seal Clubber|
|Thrust, smack, it's all in the mind. And in the face of your opponent, who just took X damage.|
You raise your... <weapon> above your head, thrust your hips forward as you draw it back, then smack your opponent for X damage.
You thrust toward your opponent and smack him with your... <weapon>, dealing X damage.
Your powerful thrust impresses your foe, but it is the ensuing smack that truly dazzles him as it deals X damage.
You thrust and smack with all of your might, but only manage to deal X damage.
- The chances to hit are calculated as if your Muscle were boosted by 20 points; otherwise, the chance to hit is the same as with an ordinary attack.
- If you are a Seal Clubber, the damage dealt by this skill is the same as a regular attack with the addition of all physical and elemental Bonus Weapon Damage and base weapon damage multiplied by two. If you are not a Seal Clubber, then only the base weapon damage is multiplied. There is no increase given to any damage caused by having high muscle.
- The extra base weapon damage caused by critical hits is also doubled by this skill, resulting in 4 times base weapon damage being applied when you get a critical thrust-smack, or 6 times if you have Audacity of the Otter.
- If you are a Seal Clubber and are wielding a club, this skill will always hit, regardless of monster defense and your attack bonus.
- ...but if you have the QWOPped Up effect, this skill will always miss. This overrides always-hit for clubs for Seal Clubbers.
- The additional 5 cold damage when using a Smack granted by the Cold Shoulder skill is not doubled.
- Before NS13, Eye of the Stoat caused Thrust-Smack to have a 100% chance to hit.
- Prior to the Seal Clubber skill revamp on September 24, 2013, this skill used to cost 750 Meat and required a melee weapon. If wielding a ranged weapon, you would get the following message:
- You can't Thrust-Smack with a ranged weapon. Because, y'know, that's not how ranged weapons work.
- On November 16, 2013 the skill Eye of the Stoat (which only affected Thrust-Smack and Lunging Thrust-Smack) was removed. All the skill components were integrated into the Smacks. (forum post)
- On December 6th, 2013 the damage calculation was tweaked to allow for Bonus Weapon Damage to be multiplied, if you're a Seal Clubber.
- The line "Thrust, smack, it's all in the mind" is a reference to the video game PaRappa the Rapper. One of the characters in the game, Chop Chop Master Onion, uses the phrase "kick, punch, it's all in the mind."