The Icy Peak
is located atop Mt. McLargeHuge
. It is unlocked by completing the Mt. McLargeHuge Quest
Superhuman (5) Cold Resistance is required to adventure here. Without it, you will see only the message:
- "Those mists are frigid -- you should get back into your warm clothes before you head up there!"
Or, if the mists have been cleared:
- "You need some sort of protection from the cold if you're going to visit the Icy Peak."
A primary stat of 53 is suggested. If your main stat isn't high enough, you'll see the following message:
- As you near the Icy Peak, something big and white sneaks out from behind a nearby rock and smacks you in the head. When you regain consciousness, you're hanging feetfirst from the ceiling in some sort of snowy cave, and your lightsaber is on the ground a few feet away.
(It is recommended that you have at least 53 <mainstat> to adventure here.)
- No, wait. That's a different story. When you regain consciousness, you're back down at the base of Mt. McLargeHuge.
| Knott Yeti -- (edit metadata)
- Item Drops: yeti fur
- Meat Drop: 160-240
- Monster Level: 105 • Substat Gain: 26.25 • Moxie for No Hit*: 115
- Monster Defense: 103
- Hit Points: 90
- Initiative: 60
- Elemental Alignment: cold, weak against hot and spooky
- The Snow Queen is less likely to show up than the other monsters. There are two copies of the Knott Yeti and two copies of the upgraded ram but only one copy of the Snow Queen, making the Snow Queen appear roughly half as often as the others. After accounting for queue effects, the Snow Queen will appear 24% of the time and the other two monsters will show up 38% of the time each.
- The Icy Peak originally consisted only of yetis, making it one of the best zones to farm for meat.
- Different adventures were added when the Penguin Mafia occupied the peak. These adventures were retired, but they later returned while the temporal rift was open.
- Most of the non-yeti adventures in this zone were added with the August 29, 2006 update.
- Before and during the Valhalla Invasion, there was another non-combat adventure in this zone; this has also been retired.
- All retired Icy Peak adventures can be found here.