The Haunted Library is located in Spookyraven Manor. If you try to enter before finding the Spookyraven library key, you will get the message:
- The door to the library is locked.
A primary stat of 20 is suggested. If your main stat isn't high enough, you'll see the following message:
(It is recommended that you have at least 20 <mainstat> to adventure here.)
- As you get near the library, you start thinking about all of the times you've been hurt because of libraries. Like the time that librarian broke your knees because you couldn't pay your overdue book fines, and the time that you tripped over a drawer that had been left open in the card catalog and got a black eye.
Maybe you should come back when you're a little tougher, so that you don't get hurt again.
- Along with the entire Spookyraven Manor, on May 14, 2014, this room changed a bit:
- Lights Out in the Library did not exist.
- Was snarfblat 104.
- Had the image:
- Gave this message if it's locked:
- You try to enter the Haunted Library, but the door is locked. I guess this particular information doesn't want to be free.
- Information wants to be free is something of a slogan used by many (sometimes opposed) groups, including parts of the free content movement, the technological elite, anarchists, crackers, and parts of the sci-fi subculture.