The General Store
General Store runs The General Store in Market Square. The Store always has the beginner items you need, if you don't mind paying retail prices.
| General Store
Once, I was a hero of the Cola Wars. Now I wage war against high prices!
- Sells Holiday Special! during December.
- Sells rain gear in a Heavy Rains run.
- Sells folders with a over-the-shoulder Folder Holder in your inventory (including closet or display case, but not Hagnk's).
- Sells oyster baskets on Oyster Egg Day for 300 Meat.
- Sells fireworks on Dependence Day for 300 Meat.
- Sells party hats on the Festival of Jarlsberg for 300 Meat.
- Sells marshmallows on Yuletide for 100 Meat.
- Sells pool toys on Generic Summer Holiday for 300 Meat.
- Sells tot costumes if you have a Trick-or-Treating Tot.
- You may only purchase 1 Desert Bus pass. It will only be for sale if you haven't unlocked the Desert Beach by making a bitchin' meatcar.
- If you try to buy a negative amount of something:
- That isn't a reasonable number in this context. Thanks for trying, though.
- If you try to buy something without selecting it:
- Remember that time when you tried to buy something without actually specifying what you wanted to buy? That was awesome.
- In a Zombie Slayer run, the General is not around, but the store is still open:
- To say that the General Store is in disarray would be an understatement -- many of the shelves have broken or fallen over, and goods are scattered everywhere. Some zombies are shuffling around listlessly, making half-hearted attempts at scavenging, but unable to find anything that they actually want (since the General wasn't in the habit of stocking human brains).
- You feel a little uneasy at the prospect of just looting the General's merchandise, and decide to leave some Meat in the register.
- In a Nuclear Autumn run, the store is closed:
- There's a sign on the General Store that says "CLOSED DUE TO RADIATION" -- the General's PTSD must've kicked in when he saw the bombs fall.
- General Store replaced The Market on May 1, 2012, also acquiring sweet rims from The Hermit.
- Hatorade was sold here until August 6, 2012, when it was moved to the Snack Bar at Huggler Memorial Colosseum.
- General Store took over the distribution of dingy planks from The Hermitage on August 7, 2012.
- The store had changed its layout on November 25, 2013. Before, it looked like this:
|Ben-Gal™ Balm||24 Meat|
|glittery mascara||24 Meat|
|hair spray||24 Meat|
|fortune cookie||40 Meat|
|beer cartilage||50 Meat|
|chewing gum on a string||50 Meat|
|spray paint||50 Meat|
|fermenting powder||70 Meat|
|soda water||70 Meat|
|casino pass||100 Meat|
|hermit permit||100 Meat|
|moxie weed||200 Meat|
|strongness elixir||200 Meat|
|sweet rims||300 Meat|
|party hat||300 Meat*|
|dingy planks||400 Meat|
|Familiar-Gro™ Terrarium||500 Meat|
|Desert Bus pass||5000 Meat*|
|— Back to School! —*|
|folder (blue)||10 Meat|
|folder (green)||10 Meat|
|folder (red)||10 Meat|
|— For The Kitchen —|
|E-Z Cook™ oven||50 Meat|
|My First Shaker™||50 Meat|
|Queue Du Coq cocktailcrafting kit||1,000 Meat|
|Dramatic™ range||1,000 Meat|
|— Fireworks! —*|
|— Oyster Egg Day Special —*|
|oyster basket||300 Meat|
|— Pool Toys! —*|
|foam noodle||300 Meat|
|inflatable duck||300 Meat|
|water wings||300 Meat|
|— Yuletide Treats —*|