Skeletons began infesting the kingdom late October 25, 2010 (October 26, effectively) when The Dungeon Full Of Dungeons was replaced by The Dungeon Full Of Skeletons. The infestation spread to The Skeleton-Infested Mall of Loathing the next day, and to a number of other places the day after. This culminated in a final showdown on October 31 inside The Cannon Museum, where four one-time-only combat encounters occurred in a predetermined sequence.
Skeleton invaders will show up in larger groups with higher amounts of Monster Level active:
| skeleton invader -- (edit metadata)
- Item Drops: bone chips
- Meat Drop: None
- Monster Level: 10 • Substat Gain: 2.5 • Moxie for No Hit*: 20
- Monster Defense: 10
- Hit Points: 10
- Initiative: 50
- Elemental Alignment: None
- On the first day, The Dungeon Full Of Dungeons was taken over by skeletons. The Dungeon Full of Dungeons was relocated to the Big Mountains and renamed The Dungeoneers' Association.
- On the second day, The Mall of Loathing was overrun. The Mall was relocated to Bordertown.
- On the third day, the skeleton invasion spread rapidly. Many stores were displaced to Bordertown, including The Gift Shop, the Trophy Hut, Uncle P's Antiques, and The Raffle House. In addition, The Altar of Bones was found in the place of the The Altar of Literacy, allowing bone chips to be spent. The Altar of Literacy was re-established in The Big Mountains as The Temple of Literacy.
- On the fourth day, the invasion grew to massive proportions. The Bugbear Bakery, Bounty Hunter Hunter, and Untinker fled to The Distant Woods, joining with the Crackpot Mystic to form the Forest Village.
- On the fifth day, the The Dungeon Full Of Skeletons and The Skeleton-Infested Mall of Loathing were left in ruins, as the skeletons spread to more unoccupied locations in the Right and Wrong Sides of the Tracks and Market Square. The Gigantic Superfluous Fountain became completely overrun by skeletons.
- On the sixth day, The Cannon Museum was invaded by skeletons. Once cleared of skeletons, the museum was left in ruins as well.
- Attempting to adventure here after October 30th via the "Last Adventure" link resulted in the message, "That's not a thing anymore."