TheKoLWiki is changing its look - find out more here!
The Campground is the location of your campsite, at which many important things are stored.
Various objects can be placed in your campsite:
- Housing, where you can rest, restoring HP and MP (resting usually costs one adventure, except for players with Disco Nap, Disco Power Nap, Executive Narcolepsy, or an Unconscious Collective)
- Your Workshed contains crafting-related appliances.
- An Advent Calendar, which provides daily gifts during the Crimbo season.
- A Pagoda, which gives double the base HP and MP when resting, as well as 3 extra adventures a day.
- Your Colossal Closet, in which you can store your items and meat.
- A Telescope, to gaze into the depths of space.
- A Shimmering Portal, which grants access to the center of El Vibrato Island.
- A Trophy Case, from which you can choose which of your trophies you wish to display.
- Your Mystical Bookshelf, which contains the Tomes, Librams, and Grimoires, acquired from Mr. Store, that you have used. In a Zombie Slayer run, this is replaced with An Open Grave.
- A Garden, which may contain a Pumpkin Patch, a Peppermint Patch, a Bone Garden, a Beer Garden, or a Winter Garden.
- Your Kitchen, which contains your chef-in-the-box, bartender-in-the-box, and other kitchen appliances. In an Avatar of Jarlsberg run, this is replaced with Jarlsberg's Cosmic Kitchen.
- A Familiar-Gro™ Terrarium, to store all of your familiars.
- A Quest Log, which keeps track of quests both pending and completed.
- A Couch next to a jar of psychoses, which lets you explore the nightmares of various NPCs.
- A Spooky Scarecrow, to reduce the Muscle of players that attack you in PvP.
- A Meat Golem, to protect your items from players that attack you in PvP.
- A Magical Mystical Hippy Stone, which stops you from initiating, and protects you from receiving, PvP attacks (unless you have smashed it, in which case it does neither of those things).
After you ascend, only the Closet, Terrarium, Trophy Case, Quest Log, Telescope, Bookshelf, Pumpkin/Peppermint Patch/Bone Garden, and Advent Calendar will remain in your campground. The Ground is always available to new or newly-ascended characters. Your kitchen will remain but everything in it except the E-Z Cook™ oven and My First Shaker™ will be removed.
- Your campground is not available during Actually Ed the Undying challenge path.
- On February 7, 2008, the Evil Golden Arches and Meat Locker were changed from campground items into usable items.
- On February 8, 2008, the Beanbag Chair was also changed into a usable item.
- On March 25, 2008, a magnifying glass was added above everyone's housing. When clicked on, it tells you what is installed in your dwelling.
- On November 28, 2008, the Cheap Toaster, Kingdom of Loathing Certificate of Participation, and Really good Feng Shui were changed from campground items into usable items. The cheap toaster is now a 3-times-per-day usable item, and both the Certificate of Participation and Feng Shui for Big Dumb Idiots may now be installed in your dwelling.
- On December 18, 2008, the bookshelf, portal, and telescope were moved from outside of the campground square to within it.
- On September 8, 2010, the chef-in-the-box and bartender-in-the-box were were changed from campground items into items that now reside in Your Kitchen.
- On May 16, 2012, the pretty bouquets, white picket fences, and barbed-wire fences were changed from campground items into usable items, as the PvP revamp on April 30, 2012, had caused them to no longer serve a purpose. The following messages greeted adventurers when they first visited their campgrounds after the update, if they had the appropriate items:
Due to hippies, bouquets of pretty flowers are no longer a campsite item. You pull them all out by their dirty hippy roots. You acquire some pretty bouquets Due to the deterioration of the American Dream, white picket fences are no longer a campsite item. You shed a single tear as you collect your fence(s). You acquire some white picket fences Due to changes in the Geneva Convention, barbed-wire fences are no longer a campsite item. You pull them up and prepare to send them to Nytmare. You acquire some barbed-wire fences
- On October 9, 2012, the Meat Maid and Clockwork Maid were moved from outside the dwelling to within it.
- On December 15, 2013, a 5th column was added, increasing the total space to 20. This was to make room for the workshed. It used to look like this: