Exposure to too much of that stuff that comes out of the Evil Day-Star has made you temporarily blind. (Or there's something over or in your eyes. You can't tell because you can't see what it is.) It's like that time back in Adventurer College where you sewed your eyes shut on a dare, but with less blood. It's really hard to see.
-75% Item Drops from Monsters
- white lightning (3 Adventures)
- giant octopus's critical hit (10 Adventures)
- toxic beastie's critical hit (10 Adventures)
- Obsolete methods
- Causes all enemy encounters to appear as darkness, hides their attack messages (except for critical hit messages), and changes item drop and pickpocketing acquisition messages to
You acquire... something.
- Familiar actions are described as:
- Dealing damage is described as:
- You don't see what happens next, but it sounds like it deals about X damage.
- All non-combat adventures and pickpocket attempts behave normally.
- Also replaces your successful dodge message with:
- You hear the monster moving towards you, so you make an attempt not to be where you just were. It seems to work.
- As in the game NetHack, having Strange Mental Acuity active will allow you to see your enemies during combat even while blind.
- Jellyfish Vision will show you the enemy name, but attack messages and item drops are still hidden.
- Originally prevented you from spending adventures in The LAAAAME Observatory.
- It is possible to receive blindness both from the makeshift turban and from an additional source (such as white lightning), which will cause the effect to be applied twice. This is due to the turban's effect being intrinsic; the effect will even be displayed in your effect list twice and the negative effects doubled.
- If you are finding items for the Bounty Hunter Hunter, you will still get the (X of Y found) message even though you will "acquire... something."
- Oddly, the Hugo's Weaving Manual and the beer lens shows the item image and name when acquired while blind.
- The item image and name will also appear when using the Rave Steal combo to force a drop.
- CLEESHing a monster whilst blind gives the message:
- You cast CLEESH at your opponent. It turns into ... some kind of amphibian, you imagine.
- Monsters can be identified while blind (at high MP cost) by use of Transcendent Olfaction and then reading the description of the On the Trail effect.