This is one of the paths available to you upon ascension. In this path you may not drink any booze, nor gain drunkenness through most other means. You may still eat food and drink non-alcoholic drinks.
When defeating The Naughty Sorceress under this path, you will receive the equipment and consumables (marked in green) below. In your next ascension, when you open your letter from King Ralph XI, in addition to your pork elf goodies sack and disassembled clover or big rock, you will receive the tattoos below.
|A fancy Paté||An upgraded Normal numerical tattoo|
|A piece of Stainless Steel equipment of your class||Three fancy Patés||An upgraded Hardcore numerical tattoo||A path tattoo||A shiny tattoo of your class|
- Like all paths, you can choose to abandon the Teetotaler path at any time, but you will not gain any of the special Teetotaler rewards. If you abandon Hardcore but retain the Teetotaler path without abandoning it later, you will receive only the rewards you would get for a Normal Teetotaler ascension.
- If you try to drink booze as a Teetotaler, you get the following error:
- "You may not drink booze while you are on the Teetotaler path."
- You cannot get drunkenness from most non-booze sources, such as potions of booze, 668 scrolls, Yummy Tummy beans, or adventures in Barrrney's Barrr.
- When completing the Azazel, Ma Belle sidequest, Teetotalers acquire a steel lasagna (instead of a steel margarita), which, when consumed, gives the Stomach of Steel, allowing for 20 total fullness as opposed to the normal 15.
- Completing a Teetotaler ascension will award 23 bonus karma, instead of 11 for a no-path ascension.
- Prior to the Typical Tavern revamp, if you tried to adventure in the Typical Tavern after solving the quest, you got the following error:
- "You cannot adventure in the Tavern while you're on the Path you're on."
- "Teetotaler" is a term from the temperance (sobriety) movement of the 1800s. Teetotalers abstained from drinking alcohol.
|Special Challenge Paths|