Talk:Spookyraven Manor Quest
- Do you need to click on the stairs & cause them to collapse before you can get the reinforced stairs to come down? --Rouver
- I had originally thought so, because of apparently really bad luck with one of my multis (about 30 turns in the Library without a Take A Look adventure.) But I tried again with another one, and got Take A Look on the fifth turn. The message you get when you fix the stairs is different, though.-Foggy 23:07, 21 September 2006 (CDT)
- Should this page have the other rewards avaliable in the manor... how to unlock the gallery, or get the misshapen animal skeleton? Phlip 01:35, 22 September 2006 (CDT)
You need to unlock the Gallery before you can adventure in it, so unlocking it should be added for seal clubbers and turtle tamers. And what about the class-specific gear? --RPGMarker35 08:59, 22 September 2006 (CDT)
The Scarysauce, Dirge or Dreadfulness and Snarl of the Timberwolf links goe to an ambiguation page instead of to the respective skill pages. I have tried to change this to how it should be, but I cannot seem to get it right. Requesting assistance. --Damuna 13:06, 22 September 2006 (CDT)
- Yep, good catch. OK, done. --Jonrock 13:19, 22 September 2006 (CDT)
Should this page be split up?
This page includes about 5 subquests. Right now the library, the gallery, ballroom, etc. All spoil how to get their keys on their pages. We usually do not spoil upfront like that. It's usually something like "To adventure in the PLACE, you must first QUEST", where QUEST is a link to a spoilerific quest page. This page overspoilers. If someone is stuck finding a particular key, they get to this page and see everything, ruining it for them. If this page is split up, someone can just have what they are stuck on revealed to them, without having all the other details spoiled to them whether they want them or not. I'd like to see this broken up into Unlock the Haunted Gallery, Unlock the Haunted Library, Unlock the Haunted Ballroom, Unlock the Haunted Gallery, Reveal the Secret Staircase, and Spookyraven Manor Skill Quest. That way, location pages can say things like "To gain access to The Haunted Library you find a way to unlock it" etc's. Quest items would then link to their appropriate page instead of here, ex: "Used to Unlock the Haunted Gallery", etc. This would also centralize the manor subquests, so that they aren't randomly spoiled or respoiled over/on a variety of pages, becauuse they can just link to their appropriate page: " blah blah Unlocking the Library blah blah", "you must first Unlock the Library before blah blah", etc. Thoughts anyone? --JRSiebz (☎|§|‡) 02:29, 30 September 2006 (CDT)
- Also, maybe a plural version of this page could index all manor "subquests". Maybe the unrulely Naughty Sorceress quest (two really, really long pages) could be split up into 3 or 4 indexed sub pages, like "Passing the Entrance Cavern", "Solving the Hedge Maze Puzzle", "Climbing the Tower", "Passing the Soceress' Chamber", "Killing the Bitch", etc. Ok, well maybe not that last one ;-) heh --JRSiebz (☎|§|‡) 02:35, 30 September 2006 (CDT)
- I agree almost completely with every point in both posts. The only change I might suggest is to change the name of the unlock subquests from "Unlock the Haunted Gallery" to "Spookyraven Manor: Unlocking the Haunted Gallery", etc. Although the names are longer and a little more cumbersome, I think it has several advantages: it makes the category alpha sorting work better, greater specificity makes for better understanding and clarity, and the "Spookyraven Manor:" portion of the name implies that the subquest is part of a family of quests. We might also add a "Spookyraven Manor: Lord Spookyraven's spectacles." subquest to cover finding and using the spectacles. But then again, maybe this would be covered just as well in the skills subquest. But overall, I love this idea. We should definitely implement this for the Soceress as well. --Gymnosophist 10:19, 30 September 2006 (CDT)
Entering Spookyraven Manor
I never got the In the Manor in Which You Are Accustomed adventure, and yet I say it the first time I checked there. Why is that?
- Hey, remember to sign your posts. Also, I don't understand your question.--Jubbers 22:34, 28 October 2006 (CDT)
- I think he meant to say saw. And also - if it's not a bug, I suspect you simply clicked on the "Haunted Pantry" repeatedly at one point, and didn't realize it get unlocked. But I can't say for sure.--IDannPK 06:30, 28 August 2008 (CDT)
While the page indicates that a pool skill of 18 guarantees victory, I (on a standard hardcore path) still lost with a skill of 19 and 20. Is anyone else having this? --Pfooti (talk) 15:51, 11 October 2017 (UTC)