- There, I think I did it all correct. Sorry if I did something wrong, this is my first time making a non user page.
anyways, I say that it has a range cause against the same elf, in the same battle, I did 2 cold then 4 cold on the next hit. the lowest I've done is 1 and the highest is 4. Nobody in chat had a higher number so I'm guessing this is the range.
Miatog 11/30/06 23:14 PST
edit: sorry, in my excitement I forgot to run this through word. typos all gone now...I hope.
- From the lyrics, I'll bet that this does elemental damage appropriate to your opponent (with cold as the default). Try taking it to, say, the Icy Peak. --Baltar 16:33, 1 December 2006 (CST)
- I tried that and I still did cold damage. Also, I've found that the damage doesn't allways happen. So I'm making an edit to say 0-4 damage. --Miatog 12/01/06 16:33 PST
- I find it hard to believe it does nothing but deal cold damage, because 1) it's pretty low damage and rather weak for a Mr. Store familiar buff and 2) it hints at all five elements. Perhaps it grants some elemental resistance?--Doran Draco 10:13, 2 December 2006 (CST)
- Actually, it describes Frosty with every element but cold... --JohnDoe244 16:39, 3 December 2006 (CST)
- nope, cold too..."And when he should keep his cool"--Doran Draco 17:51, 3 December 2006 (CST)
- Skully just said on the J&S show that the song can do any type of elemental damage - tuned to your opponent if applicable. --Grimdel 20:48, 16 July 2007 (CDT)
Time to take this to the daily dungeon.
Im back, It doesn't add any sort of resistance, to any sort of element, under any sort of circumstance, which is really sort of sad.--Mxylptlk 20:14, 11 January 2007 (CST)
I've been adventuring in the Harem as a Sauceror with 24 musc, 35 myst, and 42 mox (all buffed values). I've been really sucking at getting hits in on the "ladies" there. This effect goes on and I'm getting what appears to be 100% accuracy. Frost the "Hit" man? Perhaps... Can anyone confirm this with a bigger sample size? --Shoptroll 19:20, 12 January 2007 (CST)
- And just to make a liar out of me, I start wiffing again. Might be RNG love/hate, but I'm not so sure for some reason... --Shoptroll 19:28, 12 January 2007 (CST)
What I find interesting is that all the carols on line 2 really make reference to something in game. This one just doesn't do that for some freaking reason. *curses Jick & Skullhead* --Shoptroll 17:09, 9 February 2007 (CST)
- But it does kind of. Line 2 refers to the element of hot (and the four lines that follow it refer to the other five elements, as mentioned above). Which makes it seem very likely that the missing effect does have something to do with elements. But it's not damage, and it's not resistance. Perhaps reduction? --Dryhad 18:11, 9 February 2007 (CST)
Seeing the last couple of lines, it says "Frosty the hitman was a spooky dude, they say. With his hair greased slick and an odor thick". Could this possibly give resistance/negative resistance or something else to sleaze/stench/spooky monsters/damage? Whew, lots of "/"s. :P Just a thought. --Logiedan 22:33, 14 March 2007 (CDT)
- Perhaps the stench refers to increased combat encounters, like the reodorant. Orbrisa 18:46, 15 March 2007 (CDT)
Can someone try this out in the cematary with spell slinging? I'm getting a hunch that it might act like a mini-color of magic... in that it affects the outcome of the Pastamancer spells... Just a hunch, but no one else has suggested this so I figured it's worth looking into. I can look into this somewhat but I'm in the middle of an HCO Pastamancer run right now. However, if this is part of the effect, then this is really not all that useful for 2/3 of the classes (although I guess the extra elemental weapon damage offsets it somewhat?). Of course if you're running with the troll you'll probably be using a good amount of MP so why not help out the Myst classes some? --Shoptroll 19:48, 5 April 2007 (CDT)
- Also, has anyone looked into any effects between this and the elemental forms? Could this also impact the multiplier given by using an element the monster is weak against? I think we're on the right path thinking this has something to do with the elementals. --Shoptroll 19:54, 5 April 2007 (CDT)
Skully Radio Show
Skully, on the radio today, said that the element is tuned to do the most damage to the monster you're fighting. Is this true? --flatluigi 20:45, 16 July 2007 (CDT)
- I'm doing cold damage to a ghost miner, a spooky element monster. So no. If this is the mechanic, it's not working right.--GoldS 01:25, 17 July 2007 (CDT)
- I understood that to be a joke, but I dunno. It wouldn't be the first time things aren't working as intended. Unless you can't see the damage.--Shoptroll 17:51, 17 July 2007 (CDT)
I'm calling shenanigans on the additional effect. I just fought a few creatures of each element, and it dealt cold damage to every one. I PMed Radiobugbear, so we'll see what comes of it with the next show. Until then, I'm removing the need content tag. (Plus, the link no longer works). --TechSmurf 03:00, 13 October 2007 (CDT)
I respect Skully's sense of humor and his editorial contributions to the game, but man, his knowledge of actual game mechanics is pretty lacking...I would take anything he says with a grain of salt.--Foggy 07:34, 13 October 2007 (CDT)
10/23/07 Trivial Update
The effect has been updated as of today. Someone please update the page with the new implementation of the effect. I would but I'm in a Bad Moon run right now :\ --Shoptroll 19:21, 23 October 2007 (CDT)
I believe there is a typo. 'Hitman' is capitalized the first time, but not the second time it is used. Might be Jick being odd or an oversight, but check anyway.--Antoids 18:30, 25 November 2007 (CST)
- It's that way in-game. Why didn't you just check it by calling the pop-up on the Wiki page? --Bagatelle 18:46, 25 November 2007 (CST)
Sorry, I didn't know we had those... I don't really know all that much about the wiki... My bad... --Antoids 23:29, 28 November 2007 (CST)