A letter I received:
- From Don Pygoscelis (#176862) [reply] [quoted]
- Date: Thursday, August 12, 01:05AM
- The increasing cost of our operations has left us with a need to take more of your superfluous Dense Meat Stacks: an additional 982.
- Thank you again for your cooperation.
A letter I got forwarded (from TennisPL):
- From Don Pygoscelis (#176862) [reply] [quoted]
- Date: Tuesday, August 10, 03:19AM
- Though the Meat we took from you yesterday has aided us in our endeavors, we have found that there is still a need for more. As such, we have decided to pay you another visit, since you still have far more Meat than you need.
- Thank you again for your cooperation.
- You lose 100000000 Meat.
I made a trade offer to Don Pygoscelis for 17 dense meat stacks, but he never responded.
--17:41, 27 December 2005 (Central Standard Time)
If you check his profile, it seems that the Don is now the leader and only member of Cosa Nostra.--Littlenicky40 16:45, 16 January 2006 (Central Standard Time)
- Should these messages be added here and at the bugmeat page?
Guys. Pygoscelis is not the scientific name of 'penguin', it is the name of a family of penguin. Get it right. Also, do not argue with me, i know a lot more about penguins that half of the wiki combined.
--Penguin Overlord 18:18, 23 September 2007 (CDT)
- One don't be a know it all and two look on wikipedia if you search for Pygoscelis it pulls up one that has a genus of Pygoscelis. --Chunky_boo 18:24, 23 September 2007 (CDT)
I see. That was a small error. But I still know a LOT about penguins...--Penguin Overlord 19:07, 23 September 2007 (CDT)
I sent the Don a set of candy, and while he did give me the non-radiated version of it he didn't include any meat with it are we sure there is a meat distribution to this or does it require a certain amount of candy before he sends the meat. For the record I sent him 11 items. --Chunky_boo 22:15, 8 December 2010 (UTC)
- I feel like it's completely random, possibly time based. I sent him 2 and got 50k, a clannie of mine sent 200 and got that much (and a TP don crimbo). The one thing we have in common though is that we sent it kinda early. So maybe that's what that was. Argus 01:22, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
-As of December 11th (maybe earlier, this is the first day I checked) his profile reads: "I see that once again my wish to help the adventurers of Loathing have been met with unkind hearts. I am not sending out meat for irradiated Crimbo goodies, I am only doing my duty by collecting and disposing the tainted goodies for the health of all!
If you wish to "donate" to my endeavors, I thank you. However, I will offer no more compensation." Zorkman 00:57, 12 December 2010 (UTC)
- Was the Don offering meat or not? If he was, put it back in the article. Of not, well, don't. --Itsatrap 00:00, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
- He did not EXPLICITLY offer meat, but it came with the candy. So basic logic would put two and two together. Argus 02:14, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
For the November 2011 Change, he claimed that he could be visited shortly. The Cell #37 text, "Okay, well, no pressure or anything, but I would kind of like to know what sort of horrible torture I'm about to be subjected to, you know?" is similar to the way the Don talks, in a "I'm not going to force you, but..." manner.
Livers & Letters
So, has anyone sent Don three bunny livers? --Stonecat 18:30, 11 December 2012 (CET)
- That might be difficult: Cannot be traded or discarded ~Erich t/c 19:08, 11 December 2012 (CET)
- The Don said: "3 livers (in any form) from those rabbits". Since any form was okay, I send 3 of those liver popsicles, Mr. Beau Hindman thought were so disgusting. I send 2 kmails just for spading, but since I didn't get anything from sending him tainted mutant candy last time, I doubt I will get anything back this Crimbo. --Yatsufusa 19:46, 11 December 2012 (CET)
Can we see if the people who received this letter had all completed the Prisoner #37 quest? That seems to be a likely idea, seeing as to how the Don might have been the prisoner.--Vernatio 20:08, 11 December 2012 (CET)
- I freed the prisoner from Cell #37 in every single one of my ascensions since the quest got introduced (24 times so far), but I didn't get said letter. (Just for clarity: That number includes my current Ascension.) --Yatsufusa 04:33, 12 December 2012 (CET)
- Me either. --Dibbin 04:26, 12 December 2012 (CET)
- I didn't kill a single elf from the Atomic Crimbo Toy Factory and didn't get the Don's letter as well. --Yatsufusa 09:03, 12 December 2012 (CET)
I'm not sure whether a lack of an immediate response necessarily means anything one way or another - I think there was a certain amount of delay on the responses to the Don's appeal for snacks last year. He did log in as recently as the 10th, and I'm reasonably certain his familiar's name wasn't "Sous Gardener" until recently, but I have no special info. Worst case scenario: one is out a few liver popsicles. --Noskilz 10:30, 12 December 2012 (CET)
I got the letter too. I have freed Prisoner #37 this ascension. It's the second time I freed him but the first time I didn't get the reward because I ascended the same day as I freed him. Also, my account did not exist until after Crimbo 2008. -- Straha 06:46, 13 December 2012 (CET)
I didn't get the letter. I didn't free prisoner #37 my last ascension. I also fought the penguins in '08, siding with the elves. It was also in a muscle sign. I also didn't get a Warehouse 23 crate during the rock event. But I did fight pro-Uncle Hobo instead of Mr. Mination during the '10 Crimbo season.
... I'm not sending anyone shit until it makes actual sense, instead of grasping-in-the-dark hints at stuff. Nothing that has been said makes me want to send liver *anything* to what is in actuality somebody's multi. ~Erich t/c 07:03, 13 December 2012 (CET)
- Mr. Mination wasn't working for the Don, which is why I don't think involvement in that encounter has anything to do with getting the letter. (On top of that, I think Mr. Mination was more of a good guy than Uncle Crimbo.) So the last missing constellation would be "helped the Don in 08 AND freed Prisoner #37" before we can finally discard this theory. I'd also like to add that the Don is as much somebody's multi as the Toot Oriole or the Ghost of the English Language is. See Category:NPC_Players for more details. And while I might not be... wealthy..., some liver popsicles would be a loss I could cope with. --Yatsufusa 08:10, 13 December 2012 (CET)
Looking at the letter itself, and the fact that the Don is currently sporting an Octopus Spade, I'm thinking this hints at least to Sowing Seeds adventure or Sunken, Buried adventure. Attempted both today, no change as of yet, but liver popsicles have been sent. Will keep you posted.--Narc 23:05, 13 December 2012 (CET)
sent 3 liver popsicles on the 18th today i received the following letter. --Ganomex 18:54, 21 December 2012 (CET)
|From Don Pygoscelis (#176862) [reply] [quoted]
Date: Friday, December 21, 2012, 12:28PM
My dear associate!
Thank you for your donations, I have isolated several strains of promising viruses, but much like the cure for cancer, I have discovered...um, additional incomes from *searching* for the cure rather than actually *finding* one. Such is the price for perfection and a Nature Medicine publication!
As for the end of the world, it would appear that the Kingdom has been born anew, without any help from the adventurers--which is clearly an insult to our diligent work to tame and subdue it! I encourage you to continue the bashing of yetis and if you ever find that chihuahua, you would not be unrewarded if he were...brought to my villa.
Ah, I suppose that life as we know it ends every day, and begins anew with the next day. This is particularly true during the Crimbo season, where every day brings new adventures and elves to crush!
I sent him the popsicles at 12:19PM on the 21st and at 12:42PM, I got the same letter as above, except with a candy cane, a gingerbread mutant bugbear, and no meat. --Vanter 19:42, 21 December 2012 (CET)
- Got one letter for my 2 kmails with 3 popsicles each. Attachments: candy cane, gingerbread mutant bugbear, no meat. I wasn't one og those who got the Don's initial request kmail. --Yatsufusa 01:30, 22 December 2012 (CET)
- I got the same response letter, but mine included two gingerbread bugbears - 1 regular, 1 mutant - I sent in a liver-related assortment on the 10th, but wasn't one of those contacted by the Don, I learned of his latest project here.--Noskilz 01:10, 22 December 2012 (CET)
I decided to see what would happen if you never got the letter and sent him liver popsicles anyway. That was on 11 Dec 2012. So far, he has ignored me. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Don Turkey Turd (talk • contribs) on 19:51, 2012 December 22
- So far, other players who send popsicles, despite not getting the original letter, all got a letter (with at least a candy attachment) back. How many popsicles did you send him? --Yatsufusa 09:26, 23 December 2012 (CET)
Sent 3 liver popsicles each on two accounts. Neither account received the initial letter. Have not received a response on either account. Abbywill 20:24, 23 December 2012 (CET)
I sent 100 liver popsicles from my main account on (I believe) the 17th or 18th of December and received the letter -- candy cane, gingerbread mutant bugbear, no Meat. I did not receive the original invitation. Dacilndak 22:07, 24 December 2012 (CET)
I've sent 18 popsicles in 6 separate mails (3 liver popsicles in each mail), and I have not received any response right now. I have not received the initial letter from Don Pygoscelis. --Archmage Warlic 20:54, 26 December 2012 (CET)
yo, the don has uh stuff for sale in his completely legitimate place of business as of some time round da 15th of dec, he uh suggests you go look. (i decided to check his npc player page and store, the store has the following message "Sonny, the Shopkeeper
Have a wonderful Crimbo season! This is the time for much merriment and wealth redistribution.
Perhaps if your wallet is three sizes too big, this Season, you would like to buy a little wealth redistribution hat?" and was selling festive hats for 1mill, there were 23, i bought one, can provide screenshot, i am not advising anyone do this im just reporting the news)--Ganomex (talk) 02:34, 16 December 2013 (UTC)