Talk:Dad Sea Monkee
- I don't think anyone knows yet. I just watched a lot of discussion about it in /hardcore and it seems like you need to be able to get more than 3300 in 12 rounds (the limit with the hole effect). I don't think Stuffed Mortar Shell will do it. --Club (#66669) (Talk) 00:31, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
- it shouldn't be impossible to get it to deal 300 damage a turn (stick knife givees +200%, you can get another +100% by using the navel ring?
EDIT: you deal like 272 that way. still need another way to get +30 spell damage to make this viable, unless the loathing scepter's 15% spellcrit makes it possible... --The ErosionSeeker (talk) 01:09, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
Crusty hula hoop? If I'm reading the Calculating Spell Damage charts right, just the 200% from Stickknife + the hula hoops +50 should give a range of 288-360. Can throw in a Magic Dragonfish to guarentee 300+ as early as 6-7 pounds, unless I misread or miscalculated. This foregoes the Navel Ring, but that +50 looks like it's stronger if I'm doing things right
- According to the forums, you can't use combat items. --Johnny Treehugger (talk) 16:11, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
The damage Dad does to you seems to depend only on Max HP and random chance I think. I was being hit for one of four values. At 1441 hp these were 116, 130, 145 and 159. If you get the high ones too often it is possible to lose whilst having perfect strategy. So looks like 8%, 9%, 10% and 11% of total health, rounded up. If over the 10 hits you'll get hit for you average 10%, you die. A quick sim in Excel suggested this is around a 10% chance. --Darzil (talk) 18:08, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
I'm sure in a couple of months when more people have their CoL outfits almost complete, we'll be able to spade the clues better. But for now, I'm going to post whatever cannonfire40 gave us (http://imgur.com/a/zKDmN/noscript):
|Clue 1||Element 1||Clue 2||Element 2||Clue 3||Element 3|
- That's great that it's worked out. But why isn't a completed version of this table available anywhere? Both links on the forum post go to 404 errors. Unless those who spaded this want it to remain a secret for some reason, a complete table of clues should be on this page. --RogerMexico (talk) 15:24, 26 December 2015 (UTC)
Possible Hitchhiker's Guide reference?
42 is the beginning of his hp, attack, and defense. You could argue that 4200 was just a good number for balancing purposes, seeing as Jick likes 11 and this makes 11 rounds a fair fight, but then I would ask, why couldn't the damage caps have been lower or higher?
Something not adding up
The current page states he has 4200, that there is a hard damage cap of 301, that he always deals 11% of your maxHP in damage, and the fight lasts 12 turns before you auto lose. This simply cannot be. If his incoming damage cap is 301 then on perfect play it takes 14 turns to kill him, 2 more than the fight turn limit. If he always deals 11% of your maxHP then he will always kill you on the 10th turn, 4 turns less than what it takes to kill him on perfect play. Not to mention that discussion above seems to clearly indicate that the amount of damage he deals to you varies, and is a rolled (it is always a % of your maxHP though). The phrasing should really be changed to indicate the damage he deals is variable, and fix the other contradictions in this page --Taltamir (talk) 10:57, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
- Ok, actually it says he deals roughly 11% not exactly. So that is fine. Also, that 301 damage is apparently per hit, so he needs to be hit with spells that hit multiple times in one turn. Like shrap and the hobo 120MP skills. Now it makes a lot more sense. --Taltamir (talk) 11:11, 1 August 2018 (UTC)