Talk:Coated in Slime
I got 8 adventures of this from a slime hand with (El Vibrato helmet [10 MODIFY charges], hipposkin poncho, El Vibrato energy spear, El Vibrato leg guards, C.A.R.N.I.V.O.R.E. button [x3], annoying pitchfork, Annoy-o-Tron 5k , Eau D'enmity, Gelded, Mysteriously Handsome [+3], Contemptible Emanations, The Cupcake of Wrath, Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance ) and 2609 max hp. Just saying cuz it says 11-X Adventures.--Yungera 17:31, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- Not sure where to ask this, really... Does the +ML from "Slime Hates You" affect the turn count of this effect? --Val
- to add to that question Val, since the slime effect starts at 11-X where X is +ML/100 rounded up and slime hates it equipment gives you 1000 +ML with the full set on would it be possible to not get the slime effect by running 1100 +ML --Uzziah 15:54, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- Supposedly not (that post was written before the bandersnatch was fixed to no-longer remove the effect. Also, someone said the rat pastamancer summon can remove it, for now at least). --Melon 20:25, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
Tried this myself, it definitely can't. Hot tub gets it though -Hippoking 01:34, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- I pity the clannie who gets stuck with cleaning the hot tub filter... :D --Terion 20:57, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
This is with ML held constant at +136.
The damage dealt scales perfectly linearly with HP. There is zero swing.
Turns of Effect Damage Done 5 100% of max HP + 325 HP 6 80.6% of max HP - 0.279 HP 7 43.8% of max HP + 0.611 HP 8 20.0% of max HP + 0.339 HP 9 6.6% of max HP + 0.941 HP
The numbers are so specific because the regression line was perfect. I would imagine there's some kind of simpler function going on here, like a floor(), but I'll leave that to the crazier math people out there. --MindlessGames 02:44, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
The main page mentions this doesn't harm you outside of the tube, however it DID to me last night when I spent one turn in the airship while still under the effect. See my post at the kol forum: http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showpost.php?p=3311074&postcount=328
--Spiny Twizzler 03:28, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
I got similar results as far as HP loss goes. The formula appears to be (just for base damage)
where Y is your maximum HP and X is the number of turns remaining. (That means with 10 turns remaining, you'll lose 1% of your HP, with 9 turns remaining, 6.62%, etc., and more than 100% with 5 turns or fewer remaining.
This does not take into account slime resistance; as far as ML goes, from what I've observed, ML only affects the number of turns you get, yes? --Foggy 16:48, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
The data I used:
- Lost 19 (10 turns rem., max hp was 1849)
- Lost 123 (9 turns rem., max hp was 1849)
- Lost 370 (8 turns rem., max hp was 1849)
- Lost 20 (10 turns rem., max hp was 1987)
- Lost 132 (9 turns rem., max hp was 1987)
- Lost 398 (8 turns rem., max hp was 1987)
- Lost 871 (7 turns rem., max hp was 1987)
- Lost 1601 (6 turns rem., max hp was 1987)
- Lost 2632 (5 turns rem., max hp was 1987)
--Foggy 16:50, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
Does damage happen in the turn you gain the effort (if you have enough ML to give few enough turns) or only at the start of combat when you start the round with the effort already existing? Yvain 06:39, 12 July 2009 (UTC)
- As soon as you get less than 10 turns of the effect, you get instant damage right after you got the effect, in the very same round of combat. Proof: screeny. Maybe that should be added to the Notes section of the effect? -- Ruby Eyes 07:23, 12 July 2009 (UTC)
Does anything different happen on turns before 10 remaining, say if your Bag Of Tricks increases the duration, or is Coated In Slime capped at ten turns? The only time I've used my Bag Of Tricks where it's increased the duration was from 7 to 10, so I can't be sure. Misstrain 03:12, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
I'm not exactly sure where to put this, but I thought I'd ask. Can one prevent this status effect with items such as the crusty hula hoop/giant pinky ring? I don't see any discussion towards or against it and thought I'd propose the question. I don't have any more turns today otherwise, I'd check it out right now.--Haruki jitsunin 16:21, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
Just how is it possible to get 15 turns of coated in slime? -.---The ErosionSeeker 00:55, 20 June 2010 (UTC)
Apparently you get 12 turns of the effect at -100 ML... (Space Trip safety headphones!)--Jambosque 07:55, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
Symbols for the ceil effect?
at the moment, there are the symbols for the formula for the turns of the effect you get. I don't know about other people but I would have no clue as to what those symbols mean, but I can use google to find out what ceil() I feel that the ⌈ and ⌉ symbols would cause undue confusion whereas with ceil() you can figure it out more easily. --CheezyBob 21:11, 8 August 2010 (UTC)
- Well, like + and - those are the correct symbols for expressing it. What do you think of the template form? That adds a mouse-over explaining it, which avoids the need to even google ceil. --Fig bucket 23:43, 8 August 2010 (UTC)
Either the description of the enchantment changed, or it depends on the number of turns of the effect you currently have. Today I described the effect and got "It Stings..." as enchantment description, not "It Burns! It Burns!" Eliza Dane
Gelatinous Noob Slime Resistance?
Where did someone get the idea that Gelatinous Noob has slime resistance? I did some research and found no evidence anywhere that the Gelatinous Noob has any slime resistance.