JRSiebz perhaps disambiguation standards should be resolved before you embark on further disambiguation work. You've been asking for feedback on the issue, which I've been responding to (both in the forum and in the Proposed Standards talk), but I'm not sure if you have read the feedback yet. --Gymnosophist 14:58, 21 Jul 2005 (Central Daylight Time)
At Level 9 or higher**, Accordion Thieves are able to shop at the Smackateria and GoudaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Grimoire and Grocery.
**This is a guess by Fluffymuffin Cocobutter, who wasn't able (in Ronin) to sneak in at 8th level, but could at 9th. This may also be a function of power, equipment, time of day, RNG whim, etc. Thoughts?
**I've wondered if it could be based on buffed Moxie. -Id the Mildly Confused
Moved from main page. --Gymnosophist 22:34, 15 Aug 2005 (Central Daylight Time)
I was just refused at the The League of Chef-Magi as a level 9 AT. Moxie: 131 (76) -- Crowther
Oh, that was just because I never did the "Steal Your Pants" to get access to the shadowy store. -- Crowther
What's the deal with extra adventures with the Rock and Roll legend? It's noted that you don't get them if you've got a stolen accordion equipped. I never bothered to put mine together, but I might for a couple extra adventures. -- vidicon 2005/11/25 20:52 (GMT -4:00)
Would "Brawnee's Anthem of Absorbtion" refer to Brawny-brand paper towels? Just wonderin'. --Tenebrys 19:22, 28 November 2005 (Central Standard Time)
- Totally. --Alpaca 19:46, 28 November 2005 (Central Standard Time)
How is kickback cookbook usable by ATs?? --Suraimu 03:22, 25 March 2006 (CST)
It's usable by ATs, because they can purchase it from the store. If they had a carried over spell, it'd work for it. --Aprocalypse 03:26, 25 March 2006 (CST)
Does being level 9 and having the Pulverize skill allow the level 9 AT access to the Malus of Forethought? I already checked the discussion for the Wok of Ages and it says non-myst classes can't access it, but there's no such indicator in the Malus discussion. Call it a question of common sense but everything deserves verification. -Deveiel 22:24, 24 June 2006 (CDT)
Isn't the whole "stolen accordion" and "accordion thief" thing a reference to E. Annie Proulx's Accordion Crimes? (Fairly famous novel by the author of The Shipping News)--Kranach 01:02, 26 December 2006 (CST)
Was there a reason for this?--Linkman95 09:26, 9 August 2006 (CDT)
- Yes - the references are on the individual skill pages. The only references that belong on the main page are those for things that don't already have their own pages (like level titles and such). --Quietust 09:55, 9 August 2006 (CDT)
- There was level title references in that list IIRC.--Linkman95 13:52, 10 August 2006 (CDT)
Question marks after mojomuscular melody and power ballad
Why are there question marks after these skills? The skill pages have no such doubt indicated, not even on the talk pages. Has no one bothered to scratch them out since the change to these skills came about? Or is there actually some doubt?
Have the turns of the AT buffs been reduced? I just cast Shanty, and I got only 10 turns per cast instead of 15. I'm a TT with that buff permed, and with a Rock and Roll legend.
Same thing happened to me - Pastamancer with perm Jackass and Rock and Roll legend. --Tearra 05:13, 25 June 2007 (CDT)
Ditto, coming from a DB with permed Madrigal. Can anyone running an AT character using a R&RL tell us how many turns they get? --Yendi 07:56, 25 June 2007 (CDT)
Accordian Thief, lvl 10, oxycore, Packrat, Celerity & Phat Loot, R&RL, 10 turns every time. —--BozoTheScary 07:23, 26 June 2007 (CDT)
Did the Shanty change from 10% to 11%? I have 100 base Muscle and Myst right now, totally unbuffed, and when I cast the Shanty both go up to 111. --Jameslovelock 00:45, 11 June 2008 (CDT)
brimstone reward update?
update with bad moon rewards?
number of songs
Now that there are at least 4 different items that allow more than the standard 3 songs at a time what is the ability to stack songs on at the same time. I know the pendant and nemesis item stack but how about the others, how do these interact is not clear --Uzziah 00:21, 5 June 2010 (UTC)
Equipped accordion overriding better accordions in inventory
From Gemelli (#384532) [reply] [quoted] Date: Monday, November 01, 2010, 11:33AM
It is intended that whatever accordion you are holding in your hands overrides whatever your "best accordion in inventory" is. If you think it's more consistent to restrict you from using the RnRL to cast buffs until you can actually equip it ... I can ask Jick to make that change? It's not going to be popular, though.
Let me know!
> If you have a Rock and Roll Legend and a stolen accordion in inventory, your AT buffs will be 10 turns. However, if you equip the stolen accordion (because you don't have 10 moxie yet), then your AT buffs will be 5 turns. > > Either we should get 10-turn AT buffs regardless of what we have equipped, or we should get 5-turn AT buffs when we don't have the moxie to use the R&R Legend yet.
--Greycat 16:44, 1 November 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, accordions have done that since before I started playing. Maybe since before there were even 2 types of accordions in the game. And forcing the stat req on using it for song playing would really mess with Day 1 hardcore. And possibly Day 1 softcore; not sure how long it takes a (non-moxie) SC player to hit 10 moxie. Probably painfully for long for someone who isn't a relatively skilled speed-runner. Definitely painfully long for hardcore. --Flargen 00:24, 2 November 2010 (UTC)
Would anyone mind if we created a page to list out the accordions. I know there's the category page, but not every accordion in the game can be stolen by Steal Accordion, and it would be better to have a big list of accordions, enchantments, and buff durations for reference.-00:03, 12 November 2013 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by [[User: Toffile| Toffile]] ([[User talk: Toffile|talk]] • [[Special:Contributions/ Toffile|contribs]])
- There are three tables that I know of with accordions. The one on Cadenza, the one on this page under "Class Specific Powers", and the one on Steal Accordion. I'd personally like to see all of those (perhaps reduced to two tables) made into templates, and then they could be included in those pages and in an accordions article with text to explain things. That way if new accordions get added, and with Crimbo coming that seems likely, it will be easier to keep the tables up to date. --Club (#66669) (Talk) 00:23, 12 November 2013 (UTC)