I'm willing to bet that the number of skeletons doubles each day. 1 on the 26th, 2 on the 27th, 4, 8, 16, and finally 32 on the 31st. They're probably going to push out an additional location per day, until just the council is left (7 major locations in Seaside Town, after all). --AltyMcAltAlt 10:08, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
Not quite. I was getting 2 today, then I freed the king (but didn't ascend. I just wanted my gear for this holiday) and it dropped back to two --Feasoron 2:06, 27 October 2010 (EST)
Wait.. I just had a thought. The Yeti habitat is trashed... What if.. those weren't human skeletons, but rather yeti skeletons? The Halloween special with the outfit identifies it as 'one of those big skeletons'.. --Terry 09:00, 31 October 2010 (UTC)
I did not log on to KOL on the 26th and thus did not adventure in either "invaded" areas, yet here on the 27th the second day, my adventures only occur with a single skeleton rather than two.
Hypothesis: based on days adventured/played during event.
--TURBOjew 14:19, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
- No, that isn't it. I spent over a hundred adventures there yesterday, and only get one skeleton today. Natenife 15:12, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
- Did you two have at least +1 ML while adventuring there? --Yatsufusa 15:13, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
- I just increased my ML and now I'm suddenly getting the two skeletons. Natenife 15:25, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
- And now when I try to adventure either at the mall or in the dungeons it just sends me back to the Seaside Town? Has this happened to anyone else? I did spend a lot of adventures there (over 100), the last 20 or so with my ML +10. Natenife 15:29, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
- Same thing is happening to me. I did a lot of adventures in the Dungeon for day 1, but can't do any for day 2. Perhaps there is a finite number of invaders each day?--Avandor 15:32, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, quite possibly. I didn't count how many skeletons I killed today (I didn't do any yesterday), but I was running enough +items/+ML to be getting two chips much more often than not. I had 101 chips in my inventory at the point that I couldn't get any more skeleton adventures. I tried putting them in my display case (in case it was an inventory thing) but no joy. --Kay Dekker 15:39, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
- But then again, I just tried adventuring in a skeleton zone, maybe five minutes after failing to get skeletons, and.... well, it seems to be yielding skeletons again. I wonder what's going on? --Kay Dekker 15:41, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
- More speculation... since I just had the same thing happen (being able to get skeletons again). Perhaps they run out for a while, and are refreshed at certain intervals?--Avandor 15:51, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
- It's not obviously an inventory thing, or likely to be a fixed number of combats, since I now have another 163 chips in my inventory, and I'm still getting skeletons. --Kay Dekker 16:07, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
- I'm getting skeletons again as well. I think it's likely that the whole thing was just implemented rather sloppily, and some bugs are popping up. Ordinarily if you can't adventure somewhere you'll get a message saying so. Natenife 16:10, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
- Sloppy implementation is correct. Although it looks like it is, it apparently doesn't even use adventure.php in reality. Nemesis assassins and Hipster combats will not occur while slaying skeletons. From what I gather and figure, the zone is basically a hack zone that Jick threw on top of shit, and the devs and occasional players are having to find all the glitches this is causing and get them fixed. --Flargen 00:55, 28 October 2010 (UTC)
- I'm told that assassins and hipster combats should occur during the invasion now. Got fixed this morning apparently. --Flargen 01:09, 28 October 2010 (UTC)
Fighting 2 skeletons can yield 2 bone chips, but using a yellow he-ray does not cause 2 to drop. I'm only getting 1 with the yellow ray. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tsa05 (talk • contribs) on 17:42, 27 October 2010
- Most likely one handful of bone chips is a conditional drop and one is not. --Yatsufusa 17:53, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
I would think it's more likely that they are both trivially conditional and one just dropped due to normal mechanics (it does happen, i get jackets from beatles all the time) --SilentKnight 19:40, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
- A yellow ray forces all non-conditional drops to drop; so one of the chips must indeed be a conditional; shirts are conditionals automatically, so you can't get shirts from beatles by yellow raying. Argus 03:08, 28 October 2010 (UTC)
- The yellow ray simply doesn't guarantee conditional drops. You can still get a drop through normal item drop mechanics when you ray. Such as shirts from beetles. --Flargen 03:17, 28 October 2010 (UTC)
- I just pick pocketed one handful from a pair of two skeletons, so at least one of them isn't conditional. --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 20:19, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
I was just thinking, that the message that you get in the summoning chamber when you summon the sinister tablet demon foreshadows this event.
"I already told you, Corman. This army will be ready when it's ready, and not a moment sooner. Now get lost."
--Lemon-claw 02:11, 28 October 2010 (UTC)
You know, it's just been long enough that I had forgotten about Bigg's Dig. --Ackyri 01:06, 28 October 2010 (UTC)
ML for three skellys
It requires more than +12, but +22 is sufficient. The line is probably +15 or +20, but I can't be bothered finding out which right now. --billybobfred 04:26, 28 October 2010 (UTC)
Marginal drop rate?
Anyone figure out the drop rates for this after 3 skeletons? The first 3 are %30, ,%20, %10... what's the pattern after that? --Peterlorre 04:26, 28 October 2010 (UTC)
That's not a thing anymore.
Is what it says if you try to access A Skeleton Invasion! from the last adventure link.