Talisman o' Namsilat
This unwieldily-named tchotchke resembles a snake head eating the head on the opposite side.
(In-game plural: Talismen o' Nemsilat)
- snakehead charrrm (must have 2 in inventory)
|Copperhead Charm||Copperhead Charm (rampant)|
|Talisman o' Namsilat|
- Allows access to The Palindome area in the Nearby Plains.
- Became a Quest item when NS13 was rolled out, and the enchantment was upgraded from +1 to +3. It's needed for both the Council's 11th level Quest for the Holy MacGuffin; it is also needed for the Pagoda Quest for those under Hardcore restrictions.
- An alternate meat-pasting recipe was added on February 19th, 2014.
- On June 12th, 2014 the original meat-pasting recipe was removed from the game. It was replaced by simply using the items instead. Players' crafting discoveries also saw the recipe removed.
- On April 2, 2015, the name of this was changed from "Talisman o' Nam" (with a corresponding plural of "Talismen o' Nam").
- The talisman design is a reference to Ouroboros.
- This item's description references a lyric of the song "I Palindrome I" by They Might Be Giants: "And I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side, I Palindrome I (Man O Nam)." The item name simply extends the "Man o Nam" (to "Talisman o' Nam").
- The item's name also references the Vietnam War, which was often shortened down to 'Nam. The Army Special Forces veterans were also pejoratively called Snake Eaters because they allegedly had to eat snakes in the field to survive.