Sword behind inappropriate prepositions
If you want beside rise across the masses off the field between combat, then this is the sword you should have onto your hand or strapped throughout your belt. Its temper and sharpness are head and shoulders past the rest. One two, one two, and into and upon -- by this sword out your side, it won't be long after victory is up your reach.
(In-game plural: swords above inappropriate prepositions)
|dense meat stack||chrome ore|
|chrome meat stack||sturdy sword hilt|
|chrome sword||facsimile dictionary|
|sword behind inappropriate prepositions|
- This item must be equipped at rollover in order to earn the extra adventures.
- The item description deliberately avoids selecting the correct preposition in each location. The prepositions are, as the item name suggests, inappropriate, and randomly change whenever the description is read. If the appropriate prepositions were used, it would say:
- If you want to rise above the masses on the field of combat, then this is the sword you should have in your hand or strapped to your belt. Its temper and sharpness are head and shoulders above the rest. One two, one two, and through and through -- with this sword on your side, it won't be long before victory is within your reach.
- The preposition in the item's name is probably supposed to be inappropriate, though it actually isn't, as "behind" can be a synonym for "responsible for".
- Prepositions in other combat messages (such as your hit messages, item and skill usages, familiar actions and even monster name) also become randomly inappropriate, as do prepositions in chat!
- Familiar names, however, are unaffected. If your familiar is named "from", it will still appear as such in combat.
- You can trick the word substitution in chat by adding a punctuation mark somewhere in the word. "before" could become "except", but "This is what the book is about." will always be "This is what the book is about.", the period, in this case, being the answer.
- The effect does simple word substitution, and cannot distinguish usages of words that can be multiple different parts of speech. This is even visible in the item description:
- In the phrase "If you want to rise", the word "to" is part of the infinitive "to rise".
- In the phrase "before victory is in your reach," the word "before" is actually a conjunction.
- The prepositions are chosen from:
- The Toy space helmet seems to be immune to the power of the sword.
- Being Wanged suppresses the preposition changing effect.
- The sword does not appear to fire in private messages, K-mails, and the /haiku channel (where it would violate the required poem format).
- Post-fight familiar actions, such as fairy dancing, are also unaffected by the sword.
- "One, two! One, two! And through and through" is a line from the poem "Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll.
- This could be based off the "Sword of Improper Grammar" mentioned in the Something Awful article "Dragon Fantasy Mystic Shadow Dungeon Horizon Event Online 7".
- Jick is well-known for his dislike of ending sentences with prepositions, as reflected by the "fourth wall" rewording of many in-game descriptions to avoid this grammatical error.
- This sword is the Muscular counterpart to the similar, but far, far cheaper, Staph of homophones.
|TOP 10 sword behind inappropriate prepositions collections|
6. Jellyman - 100 | 7. singswithmoxie - 97 | 8. Mistress of the Obvious - 69 | 9. Ozark - 69 | 10. SRO - 66
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings