Sweet SynthesisType: Noncombat
MP Cost: N/A
You've learned a lot about candy, and not just about what candy is, but also what candy means.
Lets you combine candies into powerful, spleen-damaging concoctions
|You look over your collection of candy, examining both the composition and the intent of each piece. You long to create a new whole from disparate parts.
Which candies will you combine?
Without selecting two candies:
You have to pick two candies!
Without enough spleen:
Your spleen has already taken enough abuse for one day.
These two candies are physically and conceptually simple, but the essence of their combination is still greater than the sum of their parts.
The combination of mundane flavors and complex themes in these two candies is interesting. You bask in the results of the synthesis.
These two candies each have a complex chemical and metaphorical structure! You consume the powerful result of their combined essences.
- There are two classes of candies: simple and complex candies.
- When used, you are prompted to select two candies from your inventory. The candies are consumed by the skill, and at the cost of 1 spleen you gain thirty turns of an effect:
|Tier 1 (simple + simple)|
|0||Synthesis: Hot||Sublime (+9) Hot Resistance|
|1||Synthesis: Cold||Sublime (+9) Cold Resistance|
|2||Synthesis: Pungent||Sublime (+9) Stench Resistance|
|3||Synthesis: Scary||Sublime (+9) Spooky Resistance|
|4||Synthesis: Greasy||Sublime (+9) Sleaze Resistance|
|Tier 2 (simple + complex)|
|0||Synthesis: Strong||+300% Muscle|
|1||Synthesis: Smart||+300% Mysticality|
|2||Synthesis: Cool||+300% Moxie|
|3||Synthesis: Hardy||+300% Maximum HP|
|4||Synthesis: Energy||+300% Maximum MP|
|Tier 3 (complex + complex)|
|0||Synthesis: Greed||+300% Meat Drops|
|1||Synthesis: Collection||+150% Item Drops|
|2||Synthesis: Movement||+50% Muscle gains|
|3||Synthesis: Learning||+50% Mysticality gains|
|4||Synthesis: Style||+50% Moxie gains|
- Tier 1 effects are obtained if two 'simple' candies are chosen, Tier 2 for one 'simple' and one 'complex', and Tier 3 for two 'complex'.
- The criteria for classifying candy as simple or complex is not yet known. It appears that rare or difficult-to-obtain candies tend to be complex.
- The effect is determined by the sum of the candies' item ID numbers, modulo 5. The result is matched to an effect, with effects in each tier numbered 0 through 4, as shown in the chart above. Details can be found in KingBobson's post.
- Because of the way modulo 5 works, you can determine the result using just the last digit of the number. Further, you can perform the modulo operation on each item number before adding them. For example, you could treat a Swizzler (item ID: 6837) as the equivalent of a 2.
- Ezandora has an easy-to-use synthesomatic here: http://noblesse-oblige.org/ezandora/sweet_synthesis.html.