|| Content on this page cannot be verified—
it is no longer accessible in the game.
- This article is about the defunct Pastamancer summoning system that existed from April 14, 2008 to November 14, 2013. It is archived here for historical purposes.
- See Pasta Thralls for the current game mechanic.
Pastamancers can learn to summon several pasta guardians in combat. Once summoned, the guardian acts like a second familiar with unique abilities.
To call upon a summon, the pastamancer first needs to establish a connection with a pasta guardian by using a specific item outside of combat. For example, using shimmering tendrils allows the pastamancer to summon an angel hair wisp. It is only possible to have a connection with one summon at a time; when you establish a connection with a new summon, the old connection is overwritten, and the previous summon disappears permanently. There is an exception to this rule; the crystal orb of spirit wrangling allows the pastamancer to keep two guardians and switch between them.
A player can only summon a pasta guardian ten times a day (plus 5 more with Bandolier of the Spaghetti Elemental equipped). Switching summons doesn't allow more uses per day.
Pasta guardians gain experience from won combats and can level up. In the same way familiars gain weight, these summons gain levels as a square root of experience. So a summon will become stronger after their 4th, 9th, 16th, 25th, etc. combat. Summons gain one experience point per combat, and do not benefit from effects that increase familiar experience gain, but gain one additional experience point per fight if you are wearing the Legendary Regalia of the Pasta Master
Summon level is capped at 10. Each summon gains a new ability at level 5 and level 10.
When the pastamancer switches to a different type of guardian and back, each guardian contacted is randomly generated with a new name. It does not retain the experience level of any previously-contacted summon. The only way to switch guardians while keeping the existing one is to store it in a crystal orb of spirit wrangling.
- After summoning for the penultimate and antepenultimate time each day:
- Your brain feels tired.
- After summoning for the last time each day:
- You are mentally exhausted by the effort of summoning <name>.
- When the summon levels up:
- <name> looks stronger...
List of pasta guardians
Pasta guardians become available in the following order as you progress through the game.
- Originally Pastamancers could only summon a guardian during the first round of combat after getting the jump on the opponent, but this was changed in an update on July 11th, 2010, and now they can be summoned on any round of combat.