Stringozzi SerpentType: Combat Spell
MP Cost: 16
This spell allows you to conjure up a venomous serpent made of wriggling noodles.
|Source:||A Beginner's Guide to Charming Snakes|
|Effect:||Deals (16-32)+(0.25*Mys) damage, hard capped at 75. Deals poison damage equal to damage dealt, halving every round (rounded down).|
|You call forth a serpent made of stringozzi. The serpent is subtil, and bites your opponent for X damage, poisoning it.
- Bringing Up the Rear increases the cap to 150 damage for Pastamancers with an active Pasta thrall.
- Damage type is physical and cannot be changed.
- Opponents take additional poison damage beginning the same round as it was cast. If the spell is cast more than once in a single combat, only the most recent cast's poison damage is applied.
- Round R's damage dealt XR = floor(X/2^(R-1)). (That is, the poison damage starts out equal to the spell damage, and is halved each round.)
- After the damage per round drops to 1, there are no messages.
- Bonus spell damage is capped at 30 (or 60 for Pastamancers).
- "The serpent is subtil" is a reference to the video for "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam, in which the phrase "The serpent was subtil" is written on a chalkboard.
- Which, in turn, is a reference to the King James Bible: "Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made." (Genesis 3:1)
- Prior the Pastamancer/Sauceror dual-revamp on November 14, 2013, this skill did (16-40)+(0.25*Mys) damage, cost 13 MP, had no hard cap, had bonus spell damage capped at +60 for Pastamancers and +50 for other classes, and the poison formula was floor(X/2^R).