Staff of the Standalone Cheese
Wizards stand alone in this world, and their staves must reflect this fact.
(In-game plural: Staff of the Standalone Cheeses)
|Jiggle your Staff of the Standalone Cheese|
With charges remaining:
You jigle your staff, and a whirling wheel of cheese appears before you. It bursts open, revealing the stench of untold aeons. It first turns gray, then turns green, then turns tail and runs. You won't see it again for a while, that's for sure.
With no charges remaining:
You jiggle the staff, but no horrible stench comes out. A stench comes out, but you'd only describe it as bad, not horrible. Bad enough to deal about ?20? damage to your foe.
- You can only jiggle your staff once per fight.
- X is the number of banishes you have left today (5 total).
- When one or more monsters have been banished this way, an additional paragraph is added to the item description:
- The following monsters are currently banished:
- This item is available only during a special challenge path. It will be removed from your inventory when you leave the path, either by breaking the prism to free King Ralph XI, or by dropping the path.
- "The cheese stands alone" is a lyric from some variants of the children's song The Farmer in the Dell.