|Locations||Near an Abandoned Refrigerator, Over Where the Old Tires Are; The Junkyard (Post-War)|
|Monster Parts||arm, head, leg, torso|
What has eight hairy legs, giant venomous mandibles, fangs, claws, and slimy green skin?
Umm... that wasn't a riddle. I just wanted to know if you knew what's sneaking up behind you right now.
Though I guess the answer would be "a creature genetically engineered by scientists who decided combining the DNA of two malicious predators would be a really, really good idea."
It tries to mate with you, then tries to decapitate you. You can't decide which is worse. Argh! Ow! Argh! Argh! (sleaze damage)
It shoots webbing all over your face. You choke and black out. Ooh! Argh! Oof! Ugh!
It spears you with all sixteen claws at the end of its eight legs. Gah!Argh! Eek! Eek! Ow!
It spins a web around you to hold you still, then tramples you with its eight legs while chewing on your leg with its mandibles. It promised not to kill you, but it didn't promise it wouldn't maim you. Eek! Ouch! Ouch! Argh!
Non-Quest Identifying Message
It bites you in the fibula with its mandibles. The pain is far from nebulous. Ouch! Argh! Eek! Ouch!
He tries to youkidney>, but misses.in the <
|You gain 40-60 Meat|
|You acquire an item: gremlin juice (3.2% chance)*|
- If Yossarian's quest was completed as a War Frat:
|You acquire an item: gremlin mutagen (5.4% chance)*|
- If Yossarian's quest was completed as a War Hippy:
|You acquire an item: extra-potent gremlin mutagen (4.8% chance)*|
|You gain 43 <substat>.|
- Over Where the Old Tires Are and Near an Abandoned Refrigerator in The Junkyard
- The Junkyard (Post-War)
- Never misses unless forced to, such as by Shell Up or The Crown of Ed the Undying.
- There are two different versions of this monster: one with the molybdenum tool (for Yossarian's quest) and one without.
- The first attack message is a play on the lyrics to 'Yer So Bad' by Tom Petty.
- As with erudite gremlin, vegetable gremlin, and batwinged gremlin, the character is based on one of the mutated gremlins in the 1990 film Gremlins 2: The New Batch.
- The combat message "It promised not to kill you" is a reference to the They Might Be Giants song, "Spider".
- The description of pain being "far from nebulous" from being bitten in the fibula likely refers to "The Fibula Nebula", originally observed from The LAAAAME Observatory.