| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
| This page is in need of content.
Most monsters in the Kingdom have set attributes that are, apart from a small variance, fixed. Dairy goats, for instance, all come with more or less the same attack, defense, HP, XP, and initiative; those attributes completely define their behavior in combat and the consequent stat gains and rewards.
There are a few special monsters, however; either their stats or their combat behavior follow different mechanics.
For details on how to deal with difficult special monsters, see the scaling damage article.
Special Monster Statistics
|Feast of Boris Monsters||Moxie - 5?||Muscle - 5?||Atk / 4||HP * ?|
|El Dia de Los Muertos Borrachos Monsters||Moxie - 5?||Muscle - 5?||Atk / 4?||HP * ?|
|The Worm Wood Monsters||Moxie * 1.1 + ML, capped at 125+ML||Muscle + ML, capped at 125+ML||Atk / 4||Def * 0.8||Doesn't count ML from Radio etc.|
|Mt Molehill Monsters||Moxie + ML, capped at 200+ML||Muscle + ML, capped at 200+ML||Atk / 4||Def * 0.75|
|The Red Queen's Garden Monsters||Moxie + ML, capped at 200+ML||Muscle + ML, capped at 200+ML||Atk / 4||Def * 0.75|
|Hipster Monsters||Moxie + ML, capped at 10,000 + ML||Muscle + ML, capped at 10,000 + ML||Atk / 4||Def * 0.75|
|Space Monsters||Moxie + ML, various caps||Muscle + ML, various caps||Atk / 4||Def * 0.75||Caps not affected by ML|
|Hidden Temple Monsters||Moxie + ML, capped at 50 + ML||Muscle + ML, capped at 50 + ML||Atk / 4||Def * 0.75|
|Baa'baa'bu'ran||Moxie + 10 + ML, capped at 100 + ML||Muscle + 10 + ML, capped at 100 + ML||Atk / 4||Def * 0.75|
|Clan of Cave Bars||Moxie + 20 + ML * 5, capped at 200 + ML * 5||Muscle + 20 + ML * 5, capped at 200 + ML * 5||Atk / 4||Def * 0.75||Once per day|
|Low Level Bee Monsters||Moxie + ML, uncapped||Muscle + ML, uncapped||Atk / 4||Def * 0.75|
|Mid Level Bee Monsters||Moxie + 20 + ML, uncapped||Muscle + 20 + ML, uncapped||Atk / 4||Def * 0.75|
|High Level Bee Monsters||Moxie + 40 + ML, uncapped||Muscle + 40 + ML, uncapped||Atk / 4||Def * 0.75|
|Baron von Ratsworth||Moxie + (3 + number of ascensions, max 12)||Muscle + (3 + number of ascensions, max 12)||Atk / 4?||HP * 1.25|
|The Guy Made Of Bees||100,000||100,000||40||100,000||0%|
|Sorceress Tower Monsters||100,000||100,000||40||100,000||0%|
|Naughty Sorceress, Form 1||~190||~180||0||~416||Infinite?|
|Naughty Sorceress, Form 2||~205||~195||0||~620||Infinite?|
|Naughty Sorceress, Form 3||1,000,000||1,000,000||500||1,000,000||Unknown|
|Crimbco Cubicles Monsters (without a CRIMBCO lanyard equipped)||9-11||9-11||Atk/4||9-11||?|
|Crimbco Cubicles Monsters (with a CRIMBCO lanyard equipped)||Moxie||Muscle||Atk/4||0.75 * Muscle||?|
|The Candy Diorama monsters (with a tourmalime tourniquet equipped)||Moxie||Muscle||Atk/4||0.75 * Muscle||?|
|Sloppy Seconds Diner monsters||Mox+5 (10~11111) +ML||Mus+5 (10~11111) +ML||Mainstat/4||Def * 0.75||0|
|The Deep Dark Jungle monsters||Mox+5 (10~11111) +ML||Mus+5 (10~11111) +ML||Mainstat/4||Def * 0.75||0|
|Investigating a Plaintive Telegram (easy) monsters||Mox+5+ML, ? min||Mus+5+ML, ? min||?||Def * 0.75||?|
|Investigating a Plaintive Telegram (mod) monsters||Mox+25+ML, ? min||Mus+25+ML, ? min||?||Def * 0.75||?|
|Investigating a Plaintive Telegram (hard) monsters||Mox+50+ML, 180 min||Mus+50+ML, 180 min||?||Def * 0.75||?|
- The basic outline: a scaling monster's attack matches your moxie, and its defense matches your muscle, plus or minus a (typically small constant) factor, and often subject to minimum/maximum caps.
- Monster Level modifiers affect most, but not all, scaling monsters. These adjustments typically apply after the min/max caps.
- Your stat gains from most scaling monsters are calculated as if the monster's attack were equal to your character's buffed main stat (often subject to the same min/max caps as the monster's actual stats).
- Similarly, stat gains from the Hovering Sombrero are calculated using buffed main stat and bonus ML.
- Apart from the specific deviations listed below, these monsters are believed to, in every other respect, obey standard game mechanics.
- The Hovering Sombrero often gives bonus stats based on Monster Level even for monsters with a fixed XP. (Using a sombrero against tower guardians is therefore quite lucrative.)
- At least one special monster, Baron von Ratsworth, is known to get harder the more times you ascend. It's not yet known precisely how this works, or if the same is true for the NS (probably), the bonerdagon (probably not), and other scaling monsters or bosses (probably not).
- Your shadow deals a set number of damage each turn, equal to:
(90-100 + (Max HP/6), rounded up)
Naughty Sorceress Notes
- The Naughty Sorceress used to scale with your stats, but no longer does as of NS13.
- The Naughty Sorceress halves your familiar weight, occasionally heals for 100 HP in battle, and will restore lost monster levels if her monster levels have been reduced more than 5 ML (first form) or 7 ML (second form).
- The Naughty Sorceress sometimes blocks skills and combat items. At one point her skill blocking had a base rate of 50%, which dropped after you lost to her (not running away) several times. This may no longer be correct.
- Currently, her blocking rate is affected by your Mysticality. (Numbers? Needs spading.)
- It's assumed that she blocks items at a base rate of 25%.
- Normal weapon attacks are not blocked.
- If your attack is blocked (or if both items are blocked if you are funkslinging), your familiar will not get a chance to activate; it will be blocked as well. If you attack and are not blocked, but miss, your familiar is still given a chance to activate.
- The Bonerdagon blocks items at about a 25% rate, skills at about a 50% rate, and never blocks normal attacks. It is assumed, but not proven, that the Bonerdagon and the NS have the same block mechanics.
- On September 18, 2013, the stat rewards from (most) scaling monsters were changed -- previously, they were calculated from the monster's attack (and therefore, indirectly, from your Moxie). After this change, the stat rewards were calculated as if the monster's attack were set to your character's main stat.