On October 24, 2012, an announcement declared "Strange things are afoot." Now players could use their eerily silent box to obtain a soul monocle at the cost of a mime soul fragment. And every 35-40 adventures, players encountered Behind the world there is a door..., leading to Behind the door there is a fog. Doors stopped appearing on November 2, 2012.
On November 15, 2012, a trivial update announced: "Those of you still messing with the mime soul forge can now create multiple items in a single visit."
On October 31, 2014 (Halloween XLVIII), some trick-or-treaters (with oddly shaped heads) were seen wandering the Kingdom. Defeating them with a soul knife revealed that these unusually quiet children are actually mimes in disguise, as they drop a mimeplasm upon defeat.
Behind the door
Behind the door there is a fog initially gave just one choice, which revealed a fragment of a message. Once the full message was received and its instructions were followed, the fragments of text changed color, indicating a new message. These were deciphered by community spading efforts to be:
|PREPARATIONS CONTINUE IN SILENCE. BRETHREN TRAPPED IN THIS VILE MORTAL REALM: GATHER. THE KEY IS UNDER THE REFRIGERATOR. WEAR THREE PORQUOISE ON YOUR WRIST.||Adventure in The Haunted Kitchen with 3 porquoise bracelets equipped||Get Any Key to Continue|
|THE TIME HAS COME TO ARM YOURSELVES, BRETHREN. THE REQUISITE TOOLS CAN BE FOUND AT THE ALTAR, OUR SILENT REDOUBT AGAINST THE SHRIEKING OF THE LEGUMES. APPROACH WITH YOUR BERET DOFFED IN REVERENCE, SILENCE YOUR ONLY COMPANION.||Adventure in the Beanbat Chamber with no hat and a familiar named Silence||Hammer Down|
|BRETHREN: RELAX AND GATHER STRENGTH FOR WHAT IS TO COME. OH, BY THE WAY, GOOD NEWS: JOHNNY FIXED THE JUKEBOX IN THE LOUNGE. SPEAKING OF WHICH, THE PASSWORD FOR THE ENTRY TO THE LOUNGE HAS BEEN CHANGED, AND I DO NOT REMEMBER IT AT THE MOMENT. ASK BERTRAND FOR THE NEW PASSWORD.||Summon Bertrand|
|BIDE YOUR TIME, BRETHREN. INFILTRATE WHERE APPROPRIATE AND CONVENIENT. MAINTAIN RADIO SILENCE AND ALSO CONTINUE TO MAINTAIN EVERY OTHER TYPE OF SILENCE.||Wait for event to progress?|
Text fragments received by players were 3 characters long, with spaces replaced by ...; with a soul monocle equipped, fragments were 5 characters long.
Each completed task also unlocked a new choice in Behind the door there is a fog.
|key||Go left, toward the coldness||Fight a four-shadowed mime||Collect mime soul fragments|
|hammer||Go right, toward the warmth||Near the fog there is an... anvil?||Combine mime soul fragments into new items|
|Bertrand||Go backwards, toward the lights||Collect a record (consumes one soul coin from inventory)||Learn a new Silent skill|
The anvil allowed the creation of one of the following items:
The record received from the jukebox (with soul coin in inventory) depended on your class:
|Main stat||Record||Skill name|
|Muscle||record of infuriating silence||Silent Slam|
|Myst||record of tranquil silence||Silent Squirt|
|Moxie||record of menacing silence||Silent Slice|
The following new content was introduced into the Kingdom over the course of the event:
- four-shadowed mime (monster, incorporated into the fax network)
- mime soul fragment (item, dropped by the mime)
- blank note -> eerily silent box -> soul monocle (accessory, sped up message spading)
- soul doorbell (item, forged from soul fragments, summons the door)
- soul mask (accessory, changes avatar to a mime, produces silent beret during Trick or Treating)
- soul knife (weapon, used to obtain mimeplasm from wandering Trick-or-Treaters)
- soul coin (item, intermediate form used to obtain skills)
- record of infuriating silence -> Silent Slam (permable skill)
- record of tranquil silence -> Silent Squirt (permable skill)
- record of menacing silence -> Silent Slice (permable skill)
- silent beret (hat, combat frequency modifier)
- mimeplasm (item, use unknown)
- Players can finish tasks to unlock options for Behind the door there is a fog in any order.
- Unlocked options will stay open across ascensions.