| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
Shell UpType: Combat
MP Cost: 6
usable once per fight
Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor, and this skill allows you to embrace that fact, tame your inner turtle, crouch down, and allow your shell to protect you from your opponent's next attack.
Prevents an opponent's next attack from dealing damage
|Effect:||Blocks your opponent's attack and deals damage. Its function is altered by Turtle Blessings.|
|With no blessing:|
You hunker down and form a shell of psychic energy around yourself.
With a Blessing of the Storm Tortoise:
- This skill blocks an attack in the current combat round, if the attack would have hit you. However, if the opponent misses, this skill does nothing and does not trigger its additional function.
- Monsters will never fumble on the round after you cast Shell Up. (source)
- The block is notable for working against enemies that are usually immune to staggers.
- The stun added by the Blessings of the Storm Tortoise is not enhanced this way, however, the initial block will still succeed as with other blessings.
- With a wicker slicker, can be cast multiple times per combat.
- Blocking triggers an additional function based on your current blessing.
|None||Damages enemy. Damage is 10% of your Muscle.|
|Blessing of the War Snapper||Damages enemy. Damage is 15% of your Muscle.|
|Grand Blessing of the War Snapper||Damages enemy. Damage is 20% of your Muscle.|
|Glorious Blessing of the War Snapper||Damages enemy. Damage is 25% of your Muscle.|
|Blessing of She-Who-Was||Restores 4-5 HP|
|Grand Blessing of She-Who-Was||Restores 8-10 HP|
|Glorious Blessing of She-Who-Was||Restores 18-20 HP|
|Blessing of the Storm Tortoise||Stuns for 3 rounds|
|Grand Blessing of the Storm Tortoise||Stuns for 4 rounds|
|Glorious Blessing of the Storm Tortoise||Stuns for 5 rounds|
- When used with Storm Tortoise, while the opponent is stunned:
- Your opponent struggles against the chains of lightning that bind it.
- On the round in which the Storm Tortoise stun ends:
- The shackles of lightning surrounding it finally dissipate into the ground.